Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Project Pictures

The tiberium glow looks good, and the darkness is more fitting to the universe, but those trees have become silhouettes.

What settings/code do you use to make the lighting? I've seen lighting like this done before, but it used north-south/east-west variables, is that what you do too?

Guest Rabbit

Nah, this lighting is a combination of effects and independent light shapes. The effect part of it changes the color of the entire screen (so I could make it lighter or darker than this, there's a nice dark cave too). The independent light shapes are negatives of whatever image I create, for example, the blue light is actually being formed with this image:

Wo72JIW.png

Because the effect lighting affects the entire map, I'm not sure if I can exclude items such as trees and what not. I'll see if I can figure it out, but in the long run, it's really a matter of either finding the right shade of "dark," or adding several dynamic dim lights around the map. However, this is not my plan for the darkness of the entire map, this is only my plan for the darkness of the wastelands or the Brotherhood controlled regions.

I should have been clearer... I know how map lighting works, I was asking specifically about the independent light shapes. How do you place them where they are on the map?

Guest Rabbit

I just create an event with a comment [light 0], [light 1], etc, and they're on the map.

Hmm... this must be a VX feature, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

Guest Rabbit

It's a custom script that I've modified a little bit on my own.

I think XP has "events," I don't see why it wouldn't, but adding a comment to an event might be foreign to XP.

There are comments, but the whole point of them is that they don't do anything. If you are using a custom script though, that would be why it is foreign to me.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, this script specifically activates lights when you put [light #] in the comments of an event.

When I thought of RDI, I thought Britain's faction of the GDI.

Did you make these yourself? If so, why did you go with such high resolution? They're bigger than the entire game screen itself...

Guest Rabbit

I made them myself and while yes, they won't be in the game, it's just nice to have some random stuff like this.

They'll only be used for little things in game, such as on the face shields that I posted here: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/16672-character-list-incomplete/#entry211284

But I just wanted to make something that looks nice that I could share with the world here, too.

Guest Rabbit

Yep! That's what I started with. It's some free clip art that's littered around the internet, so I went with it. I really wanted the most basic eagle logo I could find, something that would ultimately develop into GDI, and that worked rather well.

Guest Rabbit

Here's a couple more pictures I decided to throw in that don't really give away any of the plot.

I took a little bit of a break from this game for a while once the news of C&C being cancelled hit. I just didn't have the mental energy to deal with it at the time, but I'm back to making as much progress as I was before. I've also polished up a few things that I didn't think of before, and fixed a few issues I was having.

Anyway, here's some screenshots:

FMNN0We.png

j10InSj.png

These two pictures are part of the opening scene.

49RkmiY.png

I'm not even going to explain this one.

ESUkOvm.png

This is a screenshot of the quest journal. Every mission is displayed here, giving you a screenshot, location, and basic details about the mission in case you forget.

XnIJM2J.png

Just a snowy village. It started as an experimental map for another project but I decided it fit well here.

SMZZY6H.png

0fLntE6.png

You've all seen the images before, I decided to use them as background images in the "ACT ONE" through act whatever screens. I will smooth them out a little bit later though.

Edited by Rabbit