Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

EA Looking for Monetization Manager for the C&C Franchise

A job listing has appeared recently on EA's corporate jobs site that could give us clues about the future of the franchise. They are advertising the position of a Monetization Manager for the Command & Conquer franchise. Here's the job description.

mKUXy.png

Victory Games is looking for a talented, motivated Monetization Manager for the Command and Conquer franchise.

An ideal candidate is passionate about collaborating with game teams to create a high quality and most important FUN gameplay experience for our users while also optimizing and refining the game economy.

• Real time management of store inventory and player purchasing experience.
  • Interact with players on a regular basis to engage them in helping shape monetization initiatives.
  • Work closely with the Live Producer and Analytics to assess user data and look to continuously improve upon KPIs through understanding of what strategies drive specific metrics.
  • Drive and develop pricing models.
  • Work with Finance and Operations to forecast revenue based on game data.
  • Understanding of player psychology as well as broad monetization motivations.

I'm not entirely sure what this job is all about to be honest but I guess its an important one. Thanks to the team at Command & Conquer - Israel for this news.

From how it sounds, and I'm just guessing here based off of my League of Legends experiance, is that that would be the person who sets pricing for both ingame currency and real money for items/factions/what have you in the in game store.

sounds like the pricing would also be based of community feedback and purchasing trends.

again, guessing.

Edited by Troopzor

Something I think worth noting, the job offer is consistent with -

"evolve the service in response to what people want" (EA Games President Frank Gibeau and others EA's officials that said that)

/build from players feedback.

That role is the most important in the development cycle.

How much money can they make. :)

I say EA lost a monetization manager since RA3 was developed. That time EA refused to listen to people's comments and feedback on future C&C games (and they did). If this was about balancing C&C, why wasn't this applying to Tiberian Alliances earlier and why now for this recent F2P model? No wonder why Generals 2 was scrapped for now.

No wonder why Generals 2 was scrapped for now.

Now see, saying stuff like this is why your rep keeps going down. Generals 2 was changed, it was not "scrapped".

Generals 2 was changed, it was not "scrapped".

Someone did say in the C&C community that Generals 2 was scrapped, not me. There's a reason why a petition to get EA to bring back Generals 2 is still there.

Someone did say in the C&C community that Generals 2 was scrapped, not me. There's a reason why a petition to get EA to bring back Generals 2 is still there.

You misunderstood everything that happened in the past 6 weeks. Generals will be one of the universes featured in the C&C F2P service. Everything they used at the time Generals 2 was still a regular game is still there. Recently, they even announced a SP campaign. I wouldn't say it was scrapped.

The petition is to return the game to its former shape.

• Upvote 1