Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Red Alert: A Path Beyond v2.1.2 Released

Bluehell Productions have released the latest version of Red Alert: A Path Beyond. Its available for download right now. Version 2.1.2 includes the following changes and fixes.

General Gameplay

• Destroying an enemy Barracks will still allow the opposing team to purchase tech level 1 infantry
  • Landing flares now show where purchased helicopters will land
  • Concrete Wall HP reduced to 100 from 200
  • Captain health reduced to 80 from 100
  • DragonBreath (shotguns) now deal 0.2x damage vs. InternalMBT (Medium, Heavy Tanks' interior armour), same as their exterior
  • Ore Silo health reduced 20% to put it in line with other building health reductions
  • EVA notifications for buildings now just play "Base is under attack" until buildings hit less than 50% health (and warning will be played again at 25% health)
  • Allied Artillery engine torque increased to 18000 from 13000
  • Soviet Tesla Coil now must charge up before firing
  • Hind damage vs. buildings multiplier decreased to 0.25 from 0.4
  • Hind now deals 15% more damage to helicopters
  • Soviet V2 engine torque increased to 330 from 285
  • Shock Trooper can no longer electrify himself, and takes very low damage from electricity unless his armour is gone

Bug Fixes

• Game shouldn't memory leak like a sieve any more
  • Reticle aiming jitter problem fixed (vehicles aim easier)
  • Moved the helicopter landing zone on Stormy Valley to not interfere with the Ore Truck path
  • Added missing Allied Refinery deposit area for player Ore Trucks on Complex
  • "Medic Arm" glitch fixed on widescreen resolutions now
  • If you manage to get a Soviet Medic, they can heal fellow Soviets
  • ShieldLightBodyArmor (Technicians) and FiremanSuit (Flamethrower Infantry) now correctly take 0.35x damage from APShell and Shell_NoBuilding, instead of 350x

Map Changes

• To The Core now has 1 Tesla Coil and 2 Turrets
  • Seamist allows all Soviet vehicles to be purchased save for the MAD Tank
  • Soviet base on Keep off the Grass only has one Tesla Coil now

Visit the Bluehell Productions site for the various download mirrors. You will also find that Red Alert: A Path Beyond v2.1.2 for Mac is available as well.

• Upvote 1

Finally! I'm still waiting on those ships (too bad I started playing APB after they were removed) and this thing will be 100% perfect. Not that it isn't 100% awesome :P

Guest Rabbit

I'm pretty sure there's old versions up for download somewhere if you want to at least test the ships and submarines.

Yeah, I know. I just prefer not to have multiple versions of something installed at the same time (especially things that are 1 GB in size or more). And I'd really like to see them balanced, for that is the reason why they were removed, right?

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, possibly, and the fact that it was really glitchy and easy to die when entering or exiting the ships, transports, and submarines.