Typhoon101

Do you think F2P has been sucessful in Tiberium Alliances?

I probably think it has been...it doesn't unbalance the game yet does allow hardcore fans to get a slight edge..My only gripe is the lack of things you can pay for. I'd like coloured tanks, platinum base names, voice overs, special messages you can send people etc but overall I think it works well.

The only part I disliked in TA is the high inflation values of upgrades which probably will never get balanced. At first, the values on a unit or structure doubled in the first 5 levels but then the increase got nearly tripled more than expected after level 5.

Edited by zocom7
  • Upvote 1

I am ranked 220 on server World Europe 37 but god I am SO BORED OF IT I just jointed the Ghost Division which is the second best clan and I am still not excited, at the moment it's all out war...for the last 3 months it's been pretty much nothing I can barely be bothered logging in let alone playing along with the politics.

I login every 5 days destroy whoever is near me upgrade and then leave it again...just bored of it I guess. I notice alot of people who's bases are left in dismay they are probably bored of it too.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but several months later after that last post, it appears this F2P game isn't as successful as anyone would think:

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer.com/showthread.php?tid=22986

Since the fall of EA Phenomic before EA shuts down the studio, people began to disappear from the servers. Luckily I left before it got more boring with few new changes.

But also this quote from the same thread:

P.S.: we tried new C&C Generals. 100% of our players did not not like it and deleted it. It is Alpha but still ...

Wow. :o

Edited by zocom7

Since the fall of EA Phenomic before EA shuts down the studio, people began to disappear from the servers.

I'm fairly sure 90% of them left ages before :P