Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Blue Team Go!

Guest Rabbit

Well, this forum gets pretty dusty some time, but hey, new content!

This is the newest video I've made in stop motion: Blue Team Go!

It's my own series I'm getting into, which I'll make alternating with the C&C Lego stuff.

Let me know what you think!

I know this isn't based on C&C, but is it based on anything else, or is it your own original concept?

The problem here (assuming this is all original), is that we have no backstory. Who are these guys? Are we even supposed to care if this Tanner dude bites the bullet? What's up with the really bad accents? Actually, never mind, the answer to that last one is obvious...

Anyway, there was a story, but no connection. You could have just as easily ended the episode with a bomb going off and killing everyone.

Presumably, if this series lasts more than just a few episodes, the characters will develop, but currently they are just blue Lego men.

(Also, the briefing guy in the beginning totally calls the hostage Tannin, I think he's confused 'who' tans with 'what' tans)

This episode is so-so, but I did not expect you speaking Español. :P

Tanner? Kinda reminds me of a James Bond character of the same name.

This episode looks more like HL Counterstrike meets Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Guest Rabbit

Interesting points of view here.

To give a little background on the "plot," it was actually meant to be plot-less. The only reason behind this episode was to establish basic characters, and I'll sort of add more to the plot and character work as time goes on. It's going to develop into something, it's just that at this point, I'm really not sure what. I have bits and pieces of a picture rather than an established plot, which isn't a great start, but it's something. I really took a risk here with the character development. Some stories start right in the action without any reference to who the people are, and you either connect, or you don't. Hopefully I can build that connection more as the series goes on.

I kind of screwed up the voice in the first bit, I meant to say "Tanner," but I accidentally said "Tannin." Not sure why. But, it happened.

It's sort of based on a number of different things, but most of the influence comes from an old Playstation game, Nuclear Strike. On top of that, there are influences from the Expendables, Battlefield, any battle game/plot that involves a team of guys from a questionable source who are somehow attached to the military, and a little bit of the 80's action films.

The names are actually just references to other things:

Rick - Leader (Reference to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up," because a good leader never gives up on his team.)

John - Bazooka (Reference to Elton John, who made the song "Rocketman")

Wesley - Sniper (Wesley Snipes, if it wasn't obvious)

Volt - Demolitions (Reference to AC/DC, with the song TNT)

Tanner - Computer guy (Last name of the actor who played the computer guy in Nuclear Strike)

I plan on expanding the plot in a way that makes you start to care about the characters, in a sense, but the raw fundamentals will just be that they are responsible for accomplishing tough (and in some cases, strange) missions. It will eventually delve into stopping a nuclear plot, but I'll be adding in elements of time travel, slap-stick comedy, and whatever else I can come up with, while still maintaining a seriousness of war (Basically like the C&C series, but in a more general spectrum). The idea behind this series is to make it more generic so I can appeal to a broader audience over time.

It will eventually delve into stopping a nuclear plot

Two things:

1. SPOILER!

2. Why would you want to stop a nuke? That's like stopping a flower from blooming, or stopping a butterfly from emerging from its chrysalis, or stopping an asteroid from wiping out an international conference of lawyers, politicians, and telemarketers.

Guest Rabbit

Too generic, eh? I'm not going to make it intentionally boring. :P

Best fall-off-a-tower scene yet, frame wise. ^_^

Nice work with blending the audio with the action. Although, nothing too interesting regarding the plot, it's just action.

I'm curious to see just what the series will evolve in to over time, provided you continue working on it in a more "eye catching" direction.

And just so you don't get the wrong impression, I liked the video and you have my support. It just wasn't THAT interesting compared to the C&C series.

Guest Rabbit

This isn't based on Team Fortress.