Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ.com 15th Anniversary Contest

CNCNZ.com is turning 15 years old and thanks to the friendly folks at EA the presents for our birthday are going to you. To mark the milestone achievement of us reaching our 15th year on line covering the Command & Conquer community we are giving away some download codes for Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection. We will be having two separate contests. For the first contest you will need to be creative!

gtqvZ.png

The basic idea is simple. We want you to download and print a copy of the official CNCNZ.com logo and place it in the most interesting public real life location you can think of, you will then need to take a photo of this and submit it as your entry. The 2 most creative, funny or entries that simply impress us the most will score a download code for Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection. We do ask that you keep it clean and please don't break any laws that may get you in trouble! If you include yourself in the photo and somehow keep a Command & Conquer theme going you will go along way to winning. Halloween is coming up so there is another idea you could explore. Obviously you will need access to a printer and camera.

There are a few simple rules and guidelines for this contest....

• You must not edit or add to the CNCNZ.com logo image in any way shape or form
  • Download the logo right here. Its sized to print on an A4 page
  • Only 1 entry per person
  • Remember, keep it clean. No offensive submissions will be accepted
  • When your ready to submit your entry just post it as a reply in this news thread on our forums
  • The contest closes Monday 5th November 2012

So good luck, its time to get creative and win the Ultimate Collection of Command & Conquer games! Information about our second contest will be posted at a later date.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is the most original contest idea I've seen in quite a while. :o

Well... finding an interesting place is gonna be tough.

I don't have a color printer, will black and white be all right?

Edited by klandri

I don't see why not. If you were to upload a black and white photo, we wouldn't know the difference anyway.

So... we can slightly edit the overall photo (say, add tiberium or some photo effects)? We just can't edit the printed logo?

I don't have a color printer, will black and white be all right?

Colour would be preferred but black and white is acceptable.

So... we can slightly edit the overall photo (say, add tiberium or some photo effects)? We just can't edit the printed logo?

Yes.

Well... finding an interesting place is gonna be tough.

It depends where you are.

As for me, still thinking about this. An example would be nice.

Edited by zocom7

Guest Rabbit

Here's an example.

o0KB4.jpg

You sure this is a good example?

We want you to download and print a copy of the official CNCNZ.com logo and place it in the most interesting public real life location you can think of, you will then need to take a photo of this and submit it as your entry.

I'm kind of confused. So I don't actually need to be in a real life location ("place" as in physically or digitally)? Taking a photo of myself at home with a photoshoped "real life public place" is sufficient? :rolleyes:

Edited by AZ-Stalker

I think public real life location is rather self explanatory. If you submit something like Zee's example it will not be accepted. It has to be 100% real. So no photo-shopped backgrounds.

Perhaps you have some strange landmarks or buildings in your area you can use.

Guest Rabbit

I wasn't trying to say you could just photoshop yourself, I was just trying to give an example of what a submission might look like.

Here another example :PG59Zy.jpg

Edited by Zee Hypnotist
Fixed image so everyone could see it.
  • Upvote 1

Can't see it, I have no permission :P

BTW, what's with that no permission thing? A forum glitch?

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

EA_Cire, just post it as an image rather than a attached download link.

Yea, no one has permission (except admins, perhaps) to see your attached picture, CIRE.

Guest Rabbit

I fixed the post.

Here's a good question. If nobody else submits, does he win a download code? :P

It's not over yet! I have something in the works... probably. ^_^

I'm also trying to think of a good idea, but it all comes down to uncreative BS.

If there are no entries, then that means no winners of course. The codes will be saved and then used in a more simplified contest.

I'm also trying to think of a good idea, but it all comes down to uncreative BS.

An uncreative entry has a better chance at winning than no entry.

Guest Stevie_K

Whoa, I'm away for a few days and a contest have come and gone. Congrats to CNCNZ, keepin' the spirit up after all those years.

This contest is still open Jehal, closes this Friday. Plenty of time to get an entry in.