Here's the official poster:

Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_Theatrical_P

Old Post:

Noooooooooooo!!!

Source:
http://finance.yahoo...-210830937.html
and
http://www.deadline....r-wars-creator/

There's no need for a epilogue movie(s) after "Return of the Jedi". I can't believe George Lucas sold his studio to Disney to continue the Star Wars series (and possibly Indiana Jones as well). Disney and Star Wars just really don't mix together. I mean if you look at the Pirates of the Carribbean series that was supposedly to end in the third movie, it wasn't looking good for the fourth one.

Star Wars Episode VII is to be released in 2015.

What do you guys think? Bad move?

Edited by zocom7

Potentially.

However, the Star Wars storyline goes far beyond the mere six movies, so it's not like they'd be inventing it all on their own. It has been a lucrative franchise, I fully expected that they would inevitably decide to make more and am somewhat surprised they managed to hold back this long.

Who knows, it might even be great. I have more faith in Disney than EA.

• Upvote 1

I'm upbeat about the move to Disney.

Guest Rabbit

At least George Lucas isn't in control anymore.

Guest Stevie_K

I bet he is in one way or annother.

I hope Disney can fill the pants and deliver a good movie.

I find it currently hard to tell.. Disney could really pull something off, but I think they should not go with Episode VII on release.. Maybe something more catchy, unique, etc, leaving the six episodes as is (or improving them, or upon them, or the prequels).. I don't know..

I hope Disney can fill the pants and deliver a good movie.

And good sequels (or new) to good SW games since Disney now also owns LucasArts..

All this fear about Disney owning Lucasfilms is unfounded. Remember all the fear about Disney owning Marvel?

Ugh, another trilogy? More movies?

I thought they'd milked all they could from the Franchise, but apparently not. I understand Lucas isn't in charge anymore but he'll still on staff as a consultant or something. So when they want to make something awesome, he'll butt in and turn it to garbage... :o

As long as they don't produce a Star Wars x BSG x Star Trek x Alien x Predator x Mr Bean x Lady Gaga, it's ok ... but we never know!

Remember all the fear about Disney owning Marvel?

This. A thousand times this. The Marvel movies made under Disney's banner have been really good and I've enjoyed them all.

As long as he doesn't make a move like blowing up Vulcan in STXI again, I'm more than fine with him.

Well I congratulate your optimism, but I think letting him at it has a much greater potential to screw the franchise than Disney.

I still think these new Star Wars movies aren't going to be that good. JJ Abrams did a great job with his Star Trek reboot but just because he's been handed the directors chair for a new Star Wars doesn't mean it will translate into a great movie. It takes more than good director to make a movie. It needs a good story/script, the right actors to play memorable characters, the music, special effects and more!

And since JJ Abrams is doing Star Trek, and now Star Wars might as well just get him to a Stargate reboot as well :laugh:

• Upvote 2

HA!

JJ Abrams, all flash, no substance. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I prefer "Hit & Miss" as a description to JJ.

I love his TV work, especially Fringe.

I loved everything about his Star Trek film except Eric Bana's character - underwhelming.

But I think it's a mistake to get him to do star trek and star wars.

More information on the Star Wars franchise:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/star-wars-disney-chief-promises-movies-every-year-starting-in-2015/

I'll bet this shall fail even worse than a Call of Duty game released once every year.

In 2015, it will be Avatar 2 vs. Star Wars Episode VII.

Edited by zocom7

Hahhaah, oh Disney you so silly. They're going to take the franchise stuff it on a train and slam it down every man, women, child and various sexual deviants, throats. :o

Franchise fatigue, incoming.

The new complete cast has been revealed along with another iconic image:

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Yep, the old characters from the original Star Wars are back, but the newcomers are boring. I expect an epic cast similar to The Avengers and The Expendables but this fails. :thumbsdown:

Good gods, Harrisson Ford got old :P

And am I the only one who can't help but think of The Joker rather than Luke Skywalker when hearing the name "Mark Hamill"? ;)

Never really wanted to bump an old Star Wars thread that has yet to have a new substituted thread in its place.

There has been rumors (spoiled by the actor Simon Pegg) that James Bond's character of Daniel Craig is to make an uncredited cameo appearance in Star Wars VII as a stormtrooper: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-7-simon-pegg-reveals-daniel-craig-will-be-a-stormtrooper-in-the-force-awakens-10252545.html

Edited by zocom7

Here's the official poster of Star Wars (the look of Mark Hamill is still a trooper):

Star_wars_The_Force_Awakens_movie_poster

Edited by zocom7

Here's the official poster of Star Wars (the look of Mark Hamill is still a trooper):

Oddly, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) is not shown at all in this poster. Unless he is the one behind the mask? Let the speculation begin!