Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Here's the official trailer #3 for Star Wars 7:

Oddly, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) is not shown at all in this poster. Unless he is the one behind the mask? Let the speculation begin!

There he is!

Xg8ynom.jpg

I thought the look of Luke Skywalker was just another Obi-Wan Kenobi (in a cloak) hidden somewhere with his robotic buddies. Definitely he was missing in the official poster. Even this random news article I found knew it with odd comments: http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/10/19/luke-skywalker-missing-from-poster-star-wars-force-awakens-mark-hamill

That poster = fail. Mark Hamill was one of the main characters of that movie franchise and he should be in there. That doesn't mean he's dead or becoming an enemy allied to some other sith lord or becoming the next Darth Vader.

Since the third trailer, it still lack some clarity on the story plot, which means that movie isn't going to be very epic on ratings except on popularity. Some people are predicting $600+ million in the US box office, thinking it would be more popular than Avatar, but I doubt that. Besides, even some rare future technologies I am seeing in the trailers don't seem to be there. Maybe Jedi knights should have done some martial arts training as an addition to their abilities.

Edited by zocom7
  • Downvote 1

Guest Stevie_K

I am actually pretty hyped over this movie right now.

Am I weird for wanting to watch it at home? I kind of want to enjoy it without the experience being corrupted by people eating crisps, chugging soda, cheering when the protagonist does something epic etc.

I am disappointed about this upcoming movie when I read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/33mhw2/star_wars_the_force_awakens_is_being_filmed_in_2d/

When it comes to a story plot, technology, fun and digital filming (especially for 3D), Jurassic World > Star Wars Episode VII.

Edited by zocom7

3D is a gimmick created by the movie industry and theatres in an attempted to squeeze more money from the viewing the public. I will be happy to watch the new Star Wars on the big screen in 2D. I have watched many movies that way in recent years, never gave a **** about the the 3D rubbish. Movies don't have to be in 3D to be good.

Another spoiler revealed? http://moviepilot.com/posts/3647468

Nobody wants Luke to be the next Darth Vader, but this is where I think the story and plot of Star Wars are heading in the wrong direction and didn't go by the books where Luke was married to some female pilot and had a son named Ben whereas Han Solo/Leia were married with two children. I kinda liked that future part of the story after Return of the Jedi. Too bad.

Also this: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/George-Lucas-Finally-Reveals-Why-He-Broke-Up-With-Star-Wars-95347.html

Edited by zocom7

So who is planning to see this new Star Wars movie? Opening day? Opening week? Or sometime later?

I'm hoping to go see it during the opening week at least.

Guest Stevie_K

Apparently people are booking tickets already in my city.

I would prefer to watch it within the first three weeks after its premiere. Spoilers are probably going to be everywhere by then sadly.

Gonna watch it, for better or worse.

Everyone, although it probably won't impact the newest movie much, don't forget that after the expanded universe lore was pushed aside the only canon material remaining is the movies themselves and The Clone Wars and Rebels 3D animated TV series'. The writers are not just going off the old movies to avoid confusion, they're going off of the recent animated series as part of the universe as well (about 9 seasons total). If anyone is interested in watching what else is now part of the saga, get in on the animated series' (TCW gets pretty dark by the end of it, while Rebels just recently started out).

If anyone is going out to see the new Star Wars over the next few days please don't post any spoilers about it here and ruin it for others. I'll be going to see it Friday night (NZ Time of course). If you do go to see it and you simply must discuss plot points please use the spoiler tags.

Indeed. Though I fear people on some of the websites we visit and even social networks may not be as considerate and may post spoilers. Not to mention sites like Kotaku etc.

Probably best to avoid them for the next few days then.

So far the ratings are overrated, an 81% average in Metacritic and a 94% in Rotten Tomatoes.

Oh **** this generation of over critical pretentious fan boys. I enjoyed every part of the movie. It was great to watch it on big screen. If you're Star Wars fan you must see this movie, if you're not a fan I think you would still enjoy it.

It was truly impossible to escape other people's reactions on the movie (I'm looking at you, Facebook and news sites). Rotten Tomatoes allegedly has the film at 97% (which is very generous even for them), and some even state it's the best SW film overall. I hope y'all are right, because I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer to see it :(

Saw it last night, and it was p. amazing. Seeing people dress up as various character was neat too. I saw people dressed as Jedi, Stormtroopers, and even a man in Princess Leia's dress, complete with hair in buns too!

Catch the movie when you can; it is very enjoyable.

I saw it Friday, it deserves 6/10 for lack of originality but I give 7/10 because... shiny.

Definitely worth all the effort to avoid spoilers though.

I agree with Gben on that lack of originality. I want to see something new in the future Star Wars trilogy.

My other thoughts, I wish it had an epic cast (in addition to Harrison Ford and the others), not a new boring cast like every other James Bond movie. Also I wish it had a better story, going by the books.

There is one major spoiler though:

Daniel Craig did wind up getting a cameo in dressing as a stormtrooper! Too bad he didn't get a major role in the movie as a Jedi spy in which that would have been a movie changer. :P

Just got back from the theater...

Well redeemed for the prequels. Well redeemed.

Many great twists, new likable characters, though Kylo Ren seems underdeveloped. I want a pet BB-8!

I am going to pass on watching this movie in theaters and wait for the Blu-ray instead. After looking at the user reviews from Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes, guess what Star Wars really need for the next several movies in addition to Episode VII:

1) need more originality

2) need more character development and chemistry

3) need a better story and plot that rivets the audience, not a boring one, and it needs to go with the books, not made up of junk material

Even Star Trek, Jurassic Park and James Bond reboots were better. So much for false hype.

There's another thing I want to add:

After watching the Blu-ray version of Iron Man 3 the other day, Tony Stark had invented something that no Jedi could do and that should have been implemented in Star Wars. What was it? A device that lets you grab objects onto you from hundreds to even thousands of miles away. A Jedi mind trick can do that too, and that would have been something new to see.

Edited by zocom7
  • Downvote 1

it needs to go with the books, not made up of junk material

You mean the non-canon ones that are (inherently due to being non-canon) made from junk material?

Even Star Trek, Jurassic Park and James Bond reboots were better. So much for false hype.

I don't know how you can make that call - not having seen it. Do you ever form your own opinions, or always hijack the opinions of whoever is more popular than you?

I am going to pass on watching this movie in theaters and wait for the Blu-ray instead. After looking at the user reviews from Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes, guess what Star Wars really need for the next several movies in addition to Episode VII:

I will also watch it again on Blue-Ray when it releases. But I feel big movies like this are meant to be seen on the big screen. Your missing out on a real movie goer experience by not seeing it in theatres.

3) need a better story and plot that rivets the audience, not a boring one, and it needs to go with the books, not made up of junk material

Judging by that comment you have read all the plot spoilers and ruined the movie for yourself.

The movie is great, I don't see why people have so many problems with it. Oh wait yes I do know why.... just another over critical, nothing is good enough any more fan boy.