catrhino1

Making a selectable, parachute drop transport aircraft?

Hi there,

I've been looking to do this for a while - in the Contra Mod there's a selectable fixed-wing air unit called the C27J Spartan which is able to parachute infantry. The coding for that aircraft basically involved making a weaponset that spawned infantry instead of dropping bombs, so you can effectively parachute free infantry by ordering the aircraft to force-attack a location. The infantry would then automatically "reload" inside the aircraft at the airfield.

I would like to make a similar unit such that it parachutes infantry that have been garrisoned inside previously; i.e. a C27 that you load up with infantry (just like a chinook) at the airfield and is then able to deploy those infantry via parachute at a location of your choice.

I've been modding for quite some time now and am pretty experienced with editing .ini coding but I honestly wouldn't know where to start with this one. I've tried looking at the code for scripted drops and the code for the chinook's fastrope ability, but that hasn't really been useful at all!

If anyone could give me a hand, that would be great!

Cheers.