Sign in to follow this  
DVD Player

RA2 Intel HD 3000 problem

You can probably already tell from the title the stupidity of this problem.

For those of you who don't know: this problem is where you launch RA2/Yuri's Revenge, and the game's intro videos only show a black screen. Beyond this, the menu only works if you refresh it yourself by alt-tabbing and going back in.

I have yet to find a solution for this problem. It seems that every forum topic, every troubleshoot question, has one possible solution that the topic's author goes "Hey works great, thanks!" to, only to be followed by a billion "That didn't work at all..."

I have tried everything short of buying a new computer with no intel graphics components of any kind. And yes, I have tried this: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/172813-black-screen-no-menus-showing-in-red-alert-2/. I've tried multiple downloads and fixes, and nothing has worked.

So please, if you know for certain that this problem has never;, and will never be fixed universally, please tell me to give up and I can get on with my life. If you aware of a fix that either worked for you, or a friend, then please tell me. And don't suggest the above option, cause I've tried that and any sort of solution similar to it ends up messing things up on my desktop.

A quick reply would be appreciated; I would love to put this to rest after the solid year of trying to fix this.

You can probably already tell from the title the stupidity of this problem.

For those of you who don't know: this problem is where you launch RA2/Yuri's Revenge, and the game's intro videos only show a black screen. Beyond this, the menu only works if you refresh it yourself by alt-tabbing and going back in.

I have yet to find a solution for this problem. It seems that every forum topic, every troubleshoot question, has one possible solution that the topic's author goes "Hey works great, thanks!" to, only to be followed by a billion "That didn't work at all..."

I have tried everything short of buying a new computer with no intel graphics components of any kind. And yes, I have tried this: http://xwis.net/foru...n-red-alert-2/. I've tried multiple downloads and fixes, and nothing has worked.

So please, if you know for certain that this problem has never;, and will never be fixed universally, please tell me to give up and I can get on with my life. If you aware of a fix that either worked for you, or a friend, then please tell me. And don't suggest the above option, cause I've tried that and any sort of solution similar to it ends up messing things up on my desktop.

A quick reply would be appreciated; I would love to put this to rest after the solid year of trying to fix this.

Try extending the screen to three (as the video shows to do two) Its a long shot but I've heard its worked for some.

erm and high performance selected as a power option?

So the three-desktop thing worked. It fixed both RA2 and Tib-Sun for me. This is totally weird and I have no idea why; but I'm okay with this.

Thanks so much for the help, you guys!