Sonic

Fixed Launchers for C&C: The Ultimate Collection

Despite the marketing, the updated versions of the C&C games in Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection aren't 100% fixed and still cause problems when they are installed on modern operating systems like Windows 7, Windows Vista and possibly Windows 8. With this in mind, Bibber has made his own custom fixed launcher programs for Generals and Zero Hour, Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3 and Uprising, as well as Tiberian Twilight. These new launchers fix some registry entries and let command-line parameters (e.g. -ui -win) pass through.

If you want try these custom fixed launchers you can download them from this thread on the Official C&C Forums. They have been tested with the English (US) version of Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection.

another f* up from EA... they should pay all those "civilian" work to the people you know!

EA is smart enough to know that if they mess up, someone from the community will fix their mistakes. ;)

Ofcourse they aren't 100% "fixed"... :boohoo:

Edited by AZ-Stalker

Totally appreciate the effort by Bibber but it's sad when a whole company cannot fix a game release even after they screwed up before in similar circumstances.

I'd seen this released and half-jokingly wondered if it would have problems as well. Never should've doubted EA :P

I have never had problem with Generals on Windows 7. Compatibility mode works fine, and if something goes wrong it is in 99 % user fault.

I have never had problem with Generals on Windows 7. Compatibility mode works fine, and if something goes wrong it is in 99 % user fault.

The fixed "problems" aren't related to that. The original launchers don't pass on command line parameters to the game, meaning a load of functions like mod launching and windowed mode simply don't work on the Origin version.

True. On some systems I also believe the settings folders of C&C Generals under My Documents, and the settings files inside it, aren't created due to rights problems. Which was also a TFD issue. And without its default settings file, the game apparently refuses to start.

i was looking for something like this thanks a lot!

Hey folks - looks lik I could use those launchers mentioned in the top post but the links no longer seem to be active. Can anyone send me to a new location or give me a way to download - much appreciated!

- Just tracked them down - sorry and thanks!

Edited by mnewlon

Hate to bump this, but the launchers have now been updated to v1.15, with direct C&C:Online support and removal of locale restrictions (was only available for English and German versions). New link here and Dropbox mirror here.