Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Generals 2 Concept Videos

CNC Saga have posted seven new Generals 2 concept videos. They were apparently released by a former member of the development team. These videos show some of the work that was done prior to the change to the new Command & Conquer - Free to Play platform. Who knows, maybe some of what's demonstrated here will still be used in the future.

Videos removed at the request of EA

There are six more videos featuring the European Paragon Tank and GLA Technical. As well as some storyboard videos with temporary voice overs. Watch them all

or in this thread on CNC Saga's forums.

I actually enjoyed those :D

Perhaps these resources will be in the first Campaign like thing they release for the F2P version.

Very reminiscent of Mass Effect, if you ask me. I like it. I'm pretty surprised and happy to see that the third faction is indeed the Asian Pact, as I predicted and suspected since the announcement of this game. They wouldn't take North Korea or Russia and using China seemed a bit too risky, so obviously the faction would have to be some sort of "Asian Pact" type of army.

Good news. Now if someone complains to me that I shouldn't complain because it's free, and can point here and say "it did cost me those".

Good news. Now if someone complains to me that I shouldn't complain because it's free, and can point here and say "it did cost me those".

Well the thing is, as far as we know so far, it may not have cost us those at all. All of that (and more obviously) could very well be in whatever Single Player option they release :)

Truth be told, that would probably be the worst case scenario for me. "Guys, people are crying out for SP, can we give them some? - Well, don't we have those half-finished, year old concept things in the fridge? Just reheat them and add some paint, done." - that's precisely the fallback plan the last few interviews sounded like.

Thanks, but I've had enough half-assed "you can see where they hit the shortened deadline" SPs. Especially in C&C.

Edited by Golan

I remove the videos when Eric sent me the request. There is no problem.

These videos were public on the net. And we have released only the 7 that were directly visible.

Edited by tchutch

No one said there was a problem tchutch. But the question is if these videos were already public and posted somewhere on the internet why did EA want them taken down?

Plus you should quote your sources when you have news like this. Where did you find them?

i think the guy from the team who post these videos on his website didn't ask EA.

I respect the decision to remove these videos (saga is a fansite), but I am not here to tell where is the "leak".

and I think if I quote my sources in this type of news, there would be no more news of this type. ;)

Edited by tchutch

Sounds like I missed the fun... oh well... it will turn up later.

damn i missed those, guy does any of you have any working link or maybe downloaded them and can share via PM? please! :rolleyes:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

c one guys none has the videos kept offline somewhere to share? :(

I didn't really want to watch these concept videos in the first place because they are not official and still Generals 2 and/or other C&C F2P is still in development.

c one guys none has the videos kept offline somewhere to share? :(

I may regret saying this, but the videos are actually still there, only set to private. CnCSaga will surely return them to public status once the game is out.

I didn't really want to watch these concept videos in the first place because they are not official and still Generals 2 and/or other C&C F2P is still in development.

Will you stop posting about things you don't understand? It's Generals 2 AND C&CF2P, as Generals 2 was merely transferred to the F2P project. And, since Victory Games asked their "removal", there is no doubt it's legit.

damn i missed those, guy does any of you have any working link or maybe downloaded them and can share via PM? please! :rolleyes:

Sorry Johnnyxp64, CNC Saga was the only site to have them as far as I know.

• Upvote 1