Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

Sweet! Also I noticed your build you published did not have the AI with removed radar check. Will this come back later as well?

Oh **** kinda forgot about updating everything so i'll do it tomorrow morning lol.

The radar check patch is already included, it's a RULES.INI keyword as it causes desyncs with 3.03 online. The following extra keywords were added to the [AI] section(read globally at startup once):

RemoveAITechupCheck=(yes/no)

FixAIParanoid=(yes/no)

FixAIAlly= (yes/no)

Edited by Iran

Doe's it read the ForceAMrules in the folder? I tried changing it to fit those but didn't seem to work. Be nice if you brought a rules.ini with all this already in it.

If you rename that file to rules.ini and place it in the game folder yes. It doesn't contain the AI fixes.

Edit: Updated the download links.

Edited by Iran

For some reason the updated portal ra exe is giving a false positive on Kaspersky as something called Win32.PePatch.dk.

It's because I'm using CCHyper's extended ra95.exe as base for my patch since a few days. Kasperky has some pretty terrible antivirus software, the previous patched ra95.exe came up as viruses on other antivirus software.

Edited by Iran

Hey Iran,

I've made three versions of a background candidate for the launcher. Click the spoiler tags:

800x600:

iWwHX.jpg

600x600:

LeDuj.jpg

500x600:

RU2kI.jpg

I wanted to adapt them to the 335px-high buttons.

I also have them in .psd, so if you need them in a different format (or different than shown generally), I'm open for everything. Also, Imgur lowers the quality a bit.

Also, some feedback on PortableRA itself...

The thing runs splendidly! You really did a great job with its stability and functionality. As you could see on C3N Stream 01, I had no issues with RA-only or AM-players, nor with modded maps.

I've noticed a string error with Track 27: it says +oice Rhythm 2. The Retaliation tracks you included are 90% duplicates of Counterstrike and Aftermath tracks, just like they actually are. You might replace them with Sole Survivor remixes of RA tracks?

Also, some feedback on PortableRA itself...

The thing runs splendidly! You really did a great job with its stability and functionality. As you could see on C3N Stream 01, I had no issues with RA-only or AM-players, nor with modded maps.

I've noticed a string error with Track 27: it says +oice Rhythm 2. The Retaliation tracks you included are 90% duplicates of Counterstrike and Aftermath tracks, just like they actually are. You might replace them with Sole Survivor remixes of RA tracks?

Ugh I somehow missed your replies.

Yeah, someone else reported the track name issue to me, everytime you re-open the menu it shows a different name. I'll fix that. I got the extra music from FunkyFr3sh, could you tell me which ones I should remove?

For the background, could you use the normal Red Alert logo? I liked the first one the most (the largest image).Not sure how well it looks with the buttons on it but it shouldn't be bad.

Edited by Iran

I got the extra music from FunkyFr3sh, could you tell me which ones I should remove?

I'll create a list today.

For the background, could you use the normal Red Alert logo? I liked the first one the most (the largest image).Not sure how well it looks with the buttons on it but it shouldn't be bad.

Normal logo? AFAIK, this is the normal logo, the best-quality image I could find that is on EVA Database. The one you can see in the Favourite C&C feature below some people's profiles on this forum, however, is edited. Could you link me to a clean version of Westwood's one?

I also took note of the 335px-high button part, shouldn't overlap.

This'll be a toughie. My only shot would be to include the pentagonal frame the logo is situated in :P

Oh, and one more thing - the German language pack on the PortableRA site is the censored one, just so everybody knows.

Done:

0c9xY.png

I cheated a bit though; the C&C logo at the top is taken from a much larger TS logo I cut out ages ago :P

On a related note, the Paths tool in Gimp is awesome! It's like a selection tool where you can move and even curve the selection boundaries point by point :D

Some more....

srbBL.png

5Rg9E.png

They were made by CCHyper, so I guess he would have the PSD. I only have the PNG.

The German one is actually half-censored according to FunkyFr3sh, who made it.

it is original german with "blood patch" :D

i just went thru all files to make a full censored one hehe

Some more....

Yeah, that's the one I mentioned as edited. I'd prefer sticking to the original. Thanks anyway!

Judging from the shadow inside it on the original logo, I don't think the center of the "A" should be transparent...

The Retaliation tracks you included are 90% duplicates of Counterstrike and Aftermath tracks, just like they actually are. You might replace them with Sole Survivor remixes of RA tracks?

The Sole Survivor remixes ARE the Retaliation tracks, actually.

Hello Iran thank you for patching RA so far.

There are still many things to fix in RA, but the most important thing which is still not really fixed is the Mouse Cursor when you play with cnc-ddraw. You know cnc-ddraw fixes many Problems in RA like Crashes and Colour glitches but when you use it, only one new problem occurs which is the mouse cursor. The Mouse Cursor can disappear after quite a while when playing RA with the newest cnc-ddraw and then you have a real Problem. There is a Mousepatch for this from Hifi http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc/ra/patches/ra303_fix_cursor_bug_v2.exe but it only turns the disappearing of the Mouse Cursor into a stuttering glitchy imprecise Mouse Cursor which cant occur if you dont use cnc-ddraw. But you know what happens when you dont use cnc-ddraw in RA as said. Still when you use Hifis Mousepatch the Cursor will disappear after you won or losed the game instead of just stuttering which will force you to restart the game. Also when the mouse cursor begins to stutter, you need to restart your game after the the round, so the mouse dont continues glitching in the next round. If you patch this Issue in RA with cnc-ddraw, you would turn RA into a awesome playable game again which can also run perfectly on modern machines and operating systems like Windows 7 :)

This would be very cool and awesome!

Thanks in advance

Edited by Bullet

Judging from the shadow inside it on the original logo, I don't think the center of the "A" should be transparent...

The Sole Survivor remixes ARE the Retaliation tracks, actually.

Some are missing from this list, e.g. Twin Cannon Remix. The list should come very soon.

Extra music file:

Await Remix (RE)
Bigfoot Remix (RE)
Crush Remix (RE)
Dense Remix (RE)
Face the Enemy 1 (RA)
Face the Enemy 2 (RA)

Fogger (RA)
Journey (CS)
Mud (RA)
Mud Remix (RE)
Radio 2 Remix (RE)
Rollout Remix (RE)
Run (RA)
Militant Force (RA)
Smash Remix (RE)
Snake Remix (RE)
Surf No Mercy (RA Hidden)
Workmen Remix (RE)

Yellow tracks are duplicates.

Red tracks need to be placed in the main music file.

Tracks without colour are fine where they are.

Main music file:

The Second Hand (CS)
Arazoid (CS)
Await? (RA)
Await? Remix (CS)
Backstab (CS)
Bigfoot (RA)
Bog (AM)
Chaos (CS)
Credits Theme (RA)
Crush (RA)
Dense (RA)
Face The Enemy 1 (RA)
Face The Enemy 2 (RA)
Floating (AM)
Fogger (RA)
Gloom (AM)
Groundwire (AM)
Hell March (RA)
Intro (RA)
Map Theme (RA)
Mud (RA)
Radio 2 (RA)
Roll Out (RA)
Running Through Pipes (AM)
Militant Force (RA)
The Search (AM)
Shut It (CS)
Smash (RA)
Snake (RA)
Terminate (RA)
Traction (AM)
Trenches (RA)
Twin Cannon (RA)

Twin Cannon Remix (CS)
Underlying Thoughts (CS)
Vector (RA)
Voice Rhythm 2 (CS)
Wasteland (AM)
Workmen (RA)

Green tracks are appropriate for the main music files.

Yellow tracks are duplicates.

Tracks without colour need to be placed in the extra tracks file.