Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

The main music file contains expansion music. The other things you mentioned I should fix. What's wrong with Await Remix?

@Bullet: I've only experienced the disappearing cursor issue.

Await Remix, among some other tracks, is in both files, if I noticed correctly.

So, if you want to have expansion tracks in the main one, also add Journey and Radio 2 Remix from CS.

Iran you can not reproduce the issue so easy like that. You must use cnc-ddraw and Hifi´s Mousepatch and then you have to play a few long games to get the mouse stuttering. You can even read on Hifi´s website that this problem exists in cnc-ddraw with RA and that his Mousepatch is not perfect but better than nothing namely no mouse cursor at all when it happens. Look under the point:

2011-06-16 - Possible missing cursor fix for RA!

http://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/

Await Remix, among some other tracks, is in both files, if I noticed correctly.

So, if you want to have expansion tracks in the main one, also add Journey and Radio 2 Remix from CS.

Ah I see.

It's not possible to add them to the main music file (because they take hard-coded music audio files and those two tracks aren't amongst them), Journey and Radio 2 Remix aren't part of the Counterstrike game files (though they're on the Counterstrike OST/soundtrack), that's why I won't add them to the main music file.

Edited by Iran

So, you can't return Run from the original RA?

Unless the song is missing and hard-coded, nope.

@Plokite_Wolf: Do you have an updated launcher background with the original Red Alert logo?

I took a small break from working on this, but I'm back now. Since last week or so CnCNet has been running a poll whether extended sidebar should be added to my patch or not. It's winning with ~85% after around 170 votes so I decided to add it.....to C&C95.

VRot62E.png

This started three days ago and today I worked on adding an extended sidebar to RA1. It's still WIP and it looks like this ATM:

r9D8M0o.png

I need to work on fixing the power indicator and the drawn coloured power meter, then fix drawing of some graphics. So I'm almost done with that. I did this with info I got from Arda's arda.dll.inj and by checking high resolution patched exe with extended sidebar someone else released on these forums. I'll be using some modified sidebar graphics that Arda uses to properly draw the extended sidebar.

Other than that I fixed up the extra music files people mentioned (thanks guys!), added missing chrono vortex graphics, fixed the LAN patch stuff and added the following to my patch:

48. The Image= keyword now works in a map file, instead of just globally in RULES.INI.

49. Added a new global RULES.INI keyword EvacInMP= (yes/no), when enabled GRNL and Einstein get evacuated if they enter a Chinook in multiplayer. If disabled this doesn't happen. Enabled by default to stay compatible with 3.03 online.

50. Building icons/cameos are now loaded even when a building is TechLevel -1 in RULES.INI under [General]. This fixes an issue where enabling building buildings like the Construction Yard with a map mod still caused the icon/cameo graphics not to be loaded for clicking the structure in the sidebar. This was fixed by patching out a specific check that didn't load these graphics if TecehLevel was equal to -1 on the building. Other objects in the game like infantry use the same loading logic, but without this extra check.

51. Added REDALERT.INI keyword AlternativeRifleSound= (yes/no) under [Options]. If enabled the Rifle Infantry will use an alternative firing sound. MGUNINF1 will be used as firing sound. This overwrites the M1Carbine's Report= setting in RULES.INI.

52. Added REDALERT.INI keyword UseGrenadeThrowingSound= (yes/no) under [Options]. If enabled the Grenadier will have a throwing sound when throwing his grenades. This overrides the Grenade's Report= setting in RULES.INI.

53. Added REDALERT.INI keyword UseBetaTeslaTank= (yes/no) under [Options]. If enabled betateslatank.MIX will be loaded by the game.

I'll work on the pic tomorrow.

Awesome work with the sidebars! :thumbsup:

Final image in attachment.

The Westwood Studios logo has white edges... you don't have a transparent version of that?

Also, terrible jpeg artifacts on that background image. I got a better quality version here:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncimg/redalert/renders/wall/tank1_800.jpg

Heck, there's a version with the WW logo already there :P

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncimg/redalert/renders/wall/tank2_800.jpg

There come from the counterstrike "funpack" I think. Should be easy enough to get the original uncompressed bitmap.

Also, look at the aliasing on the RA logo shadow. Gotta love whatever image editing tool Westwood used.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Shadows like that are dead easy to make... just copy the image's alpha channel into a new pure black image, blur it a bit, and put it behind the logo.

Could you remove the PortableRA logo?

No, I don't have a transparent WW logo and I don't know where to find one. I can't make vectors, either.

Also, centered the RA logo a bit better.

post-6729-0-98089500-1359203488_thumb.png

All this talk of logos. Would anybody be interested in making a 2D or 3D vector version of the RA logo. None of the remakes are terribly accurate IMO.

Thanks Plokite_Wolf!

Anyway I finished the extended sidebar using graphics from Arda and memory addresses taken from arda.dll.inj, by AlexB.

wrw5raz.png

I've slightly cropped your background, removed a bit of the left side to center the logo better. I hope you don't mind. Here's how it looks now, it's awesome!

30xk7xj.jpg

Edited by Iran

Kickass! Is it uploaded on the site now?

Not yet,, might upload it tomorrow but probably will take a bit longer. I need people to test the extended sidebar a bit and I got a few small issues I need to fix with PortableRA plus some small additions to make.

If you want to test it, I'll PM it to you.

I'm touching up the last few fixes and additions and I'll hopefully be able to upload the latest version to my site today. I've slightly modified the config tool, added a a new tab where all extra options are moved to and I added the new beta Tesla Tank option.

h9VE8fL.png

The new beta Tesla Tank option replaces the Tesla Tank with a nice recreation of the Tesla Tank shown in some Aftermath expansion screenshots before the expansion was released. This option will also replace the Counterstrike Tesla Tank (the Mobile Radar Jammer with the Tesla Coil weapon) with this beta version, this will only affect the Counterstrike missions that use this modded MRJ.

0EFX2IX.png

Other than that there are some small fixes, options to enable an alternative firing sound for the Rifle Infantry and a grenade throwing sound for the Grenadier, fix for a corrupted palette on one of the videos (a bug from the stock game) and some other minor stuff.

Okay I uploaded the updated files to the project site. Enjoy.

I can't see the new Tesla Tanks regardless whether I tick the option on or off :(

Yeah I noticed the .mix he made was not not present in the minimal RA1 download.

Also Iran I think a cool suggestion is make a built in rules.ini and aftermath.ini modifier in the raconfig plus make it include your new entry's along with a reset to default button.

Edited by Chad1233

I used the full 145 MB installer :P