Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

Try redownloading it again, I forgot to place a MIX file inside redalert.mix and it was loose in my game folder so the MIX was still being loaded, didn't catch it.

I've un-hardcoded all of C&C95's hotkeys. If I feel like I'll make them get read from an INI like RA95 does but I probably won't.

Thanks to help from CCHyper I'm really, really close to fixing the bug where the AI sometimes sends their tanks to the top left of the map. Whoever programmed Red Alert's AI is just completely awful at programming. I wrote my WIP AI in 7 days for OpenRA not knowing that much of OpenRA's codebase and not being that experienced with C# and it functions tons better than Red Alert's...

Not sure what I'll be doing next month, I'd like to finish up the high resolution part of the patch, get custom missions displayed ingame (not hard to do but pretty annoying in x86 assembly) and check out some mouse issues.

Is all of this making it in to your github? I'm busy now with some stuff, but sooner or later I'd love to take a look.

Yeah it's on my Github. Mind you it's pretty messy atm.

The resign hotkey now actually works. There wasn't any code to do anything when the resign hotkey was pressed, even though the game read this hotkey from REDALERT.INI and also put it back in REDALERT.INI.

Added a new hotkey to toggle the sidebar on/off. This works like pressing the TAB keyboard key in C&C95. This key can be set with KeySidebarToggle= under [WinHotkeys] in REDALERT.INI.

Un-hardcoded the 1-0 keys on the keyboard. The hotkey checking code for handling teams checked both the REDALERT.INI key for the corresponding team and a hard-coded keyboard key for some reason. The checks for hard-coded keyboard keys have been patched out. This essentially allows you to change what the 1-0 keyboard keys are assigned to do, like is possible with the other keyboard keys.

Edited by Iran

Just for fun here's Red Alert 1 at 1920x1080 reso:

rasidebar1920x1080.png

I added support for map editors to my launcher and I also updated my RAED standalone, thanks to FunkyFr3sh's hex edits to have the map editors use their own MIX file names.

EDIT: Fixed a bug that caused the multiplayer AI to some times send tanks to the top left corner of the map.

Edited by Iran

you fixed the top left corner deserters bug? Cool :D

Not only this. Iran also extended the C&C 95 sidebar :thumbsup:

60. The name of the side the player plays as is no longer prepended to the names of missions in the mission dialogs.

61. Converted the "Counterstrike Missions" menu into a "Custom Missions" one. The "Aftermath Missions" menu has been converted into an "Expansions missions" one. The expansion missions will be displayed in this menu. The custom missions menu displays map files CMU0EA.INI up to CMU999EA.INI.

62. Added a new map keyword TutorialFile= under the [bASIC] section. This keyword can be used to load a custom TUTORIAL.INI file for your map. E.g. "TutorialFile=DERPTUT.INI", to load DERPTUT.INI. If the keyword is missing TUTORIAL.INI is loaded.

TWp2WeZ.png

iSJIYwS.png

cDNwizS.png

• Upvote 1

I intend to ship/compile a bonus pack of Red Alert 1 missions in the future.

As modifying any AI code causes desyncs online with people not running the same AI code I had to move the fix for AI sending tanks to the top left of the map fix to a RULES.INI keyword. :(

59. Fixed a bug that caused the multiplayer AI to some times send tanks to the top left corner of the map. Because this fix desyncs online with 3.03 players it's added a RULES.INI keyword. The fix is controlled by the keyword FixAISendingTanksTopLeft= (yes/no) under the [AI] section of RULES.INI.

I've added hifi's code to generate a crashdump file when the game crashes. He had issues getting it to work, turns out the assembler we're using (NASM) was generating incorrect code for his exception handler.

Here's a crashdump in Visual Studio:

2X2EhUt.png

Okay I ported this crash dump generating code to C&C95, problem is for both games the call stack in the dumps seems to be corrupted and/or missing calls.

Edit: I fixed the corrupt call stack issue but the call stack sometimes is still corrupted as MSDN documentation states, because I'm not dumping from an external program.

Edited by Iran

Fixed movie and audio lag some multicore CPUs experience with single CPU affinity on. As a result of this I set the CPU affinity for my patched exe to one CPU. This will prevent freezing and hopefully also some rare crashes.

Edit: Also fixed the same movie/audi lagging issue with single CPU affinity on certain PCs with C&C95.

Edited by Iran

Fixed the ToInherit= keyword so it doesn't get applied for multiplayer maps. Marooned II had this keyword set so in effect after loading a save game of Allies mission 4 or Ant mission 2 or so and then quitting and loading up Marooned II the units that are supposed to carryover spawn on the map.

I've written a fix for a rare mouse fix crash I've been experiencing. I set up a breakpoint for the spot I assumed the issue was and it got triggered after 3 hours of playing, turns out the game was trying to draw the mouse cursor on a position higher than screen width or height. Not sure what caused the issue but it's hopefully fixed now and all the crashes I get in the function too.

The cnc-ddraw disappearing mouse fix seems to be working but I need to do more testing with it.

I've unhard-coded a few English strings that were hard-coded, the following CONQUER.ENG strings have their value changed:

CONQUER.ENG string: 121 Value: Custom Missions
CONQUER.ENG string: 120 Value: Expansions Missions
CONQUER.ENG string: 119 Value: The Game is a Draw
CONQUER.ENG string: 118 Value: %s has retracted the offer of a draw.
CONQUER.ENG string: 116 Value: You have retracted your offer of a draw.
CONQUER.ENG string: 115 Value: %s has proposed that the game be declared a draw.
CONQUER.ENG string: 114 Value: You have proposed that the game be declared a draw.
CONQUER.ENG string: 113 Value: Are you sure you want to accept a draw?
CONQUER.ENG string: 112 Value: Are you sure you want to propose a draw
CONQUER.ENG string: 111 Value: Accept Proposed Draw
CONQUER.ENG string: 110 Value: Retract Draw Proposal
CONQUER.ENG string: 109 Value: Propose a Draw
Edited by Iran

Good Job Iran :thumbsup:

Finally someone is on the way to fix that mouse problems in RA1 with cncddraw :)

If you have a new Mousefix for cncddraw you can give it to us, so we can also test it, to see if the the mouse cursor still disappear or stutter or not.

Keep up the excellent work :)

It's actually an updated ra95.exe that has the fix. I've been running it for a few days ago so far no disappearing mouse.

I fixed the receiving and sending remote file dialogs for hires today, I also noticed that cnc-ddraw's frame limiter causes the game to lag.

I'm getting close to releasing my patch standalone, will only take 1-2 more months for the first beta.

Hmm how do you test your new Exe mouse-fix?

Do you just let it run or do you actually play?

You should also look, what happens if you play like 3 hours in one piece, then its likely that the mouse-cursor error occurs if you have cnc-ddraw.

Or you give the new Exe fix to us, so we can see if it works :)

Edited by Bullet

I played for like 7 hours with it, in full screen mode though. Have you ever experienced mouse issues in full screen mode?

EDIT: I substantially improved the quality of cnc-ddraw's frame limiter

Edited by Iran

I meant always fullscreen mode why should i play in windowed mode? I never play in windowed mode.

And so also the mousecursor problems i experienced were all in fullscreenmode with cnc-ddraw and with fpsmax=0 (unlimited fps).

So your fixed Exe seems to be working then. Could you post the new Exe for the players? Oh and please give the cnc-ddraw cursorfix to AlexB :)

Oh and it would be nice if you also give him the fix which will make CPU Affinity for one cpu working with sound and video ;)

With this fix, you could enable the SIngleCPU Option in cnc-ddraw again without movie and audio problems, so that there are no crashes related to Multicorecpu issues.

Edited by Bullet

I forced single CPU affinity in the EXE itself.

Here's the EXE:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21865790/ra95.exe

Please tell me if the score screen lags or not, for some reason it started lagging for me and I don't know why, didn't have this issue yesterday. Even with an older download it's lagging. :/

Added support for new Winter and Desert theaters from C&C95. The conversions are still WIP and someone else is doing them.

8Dtu7Bo.png

pmSV6yE.png