Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

No. The TD one has gray cannons and white missile launchers.

I fixed up the LAN dialogs so they're centered instead of in the top left on higher resolutions. Also fixed up the sending and receiving remote files dialogs. Took ages to do this but I'm glad it's done.

I was talking with my brother and he suggested I'd make some of the fixes that desync online be applied in skirmish.

Okay I updated the site with a new version, this will probably be the last version before I release a standalone patch.

Iran, do you take bug reports in this thread?

And is there a list of already reported bugs apart from the 'todo' and 'features' files on your github?

Edited by r34ch

No it's not compatible with Arda.

Yeah I take bug reports and no I don't have a list, should probably make one. There's a few small issues I've found that are pretty harmless and a bunch of RA95 bugs that still need to be fixed.

Edited by Iran

Github has a good bug tracker that I highly recommend you use. On a related note I believe you said your git history was a bit messy. If so, I gladly offer to clean it up. If you take this stand alone and use git, I imagine you will get a bunch of pull requests in which case it would probably be useful to have a clean history.

Just encase your still after one, i finally got around to finishing up my RA logo, to look much more closer to the original.

RedAlert_Logotype_72dpi_RGB.png

Wow, that's definitely the best remake yet! Now we just got to replace all the old remakes everywhere....

Github has a good bug tracker that I highly recommend you use.

Ok I'll use that. I just don't want to clog it up with minor issues

Well actually that was more directed at Iran, as its ultimately his choice not mine where he wants to receive bug reports. :)

hyper: I'm now on a screen with better calibrated color and it looks even better!

Edited by Sonarpulse

I'm trying to find some high enough resolution RA1 renders, but it seems they released nothing over 1024x768. What is a shame as i want to create a poster.

Would be cool to get the 'RA Guy' is high resolution...

Quite proud of the outcome actually.

Just encase your still after one, i finally got around to finishing up my RA logo, to look much more closer to the original.

RedAlert_Logotype_72dpi_RGB.png

Nice!

The C&C logo itself in it is kinda odd though; the line in the middle of it should be almost an entire letter shorter than the text, on both sides.

And yeah, I think this is the highest resolution RA1 logo there is.

In the interest of full disclosure I made a thread about redoing the APB logo with this (with your permission of course) https://www.bluehellproductions.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26280#entry521195 I certainly like it too.

What's the highest resolution version you made, or is it vector?

I have a version in a much higher resolution, that i will not be making public and a lot of people like to take my work and use it as their own. Little do they know that i made small differences so i can catch said people out.

The base is in vector, then with some gradient effects in Illustrator too, and the rest is done in Photoshop.

Nice!

The C&C logo itself in it is kinda odd though; the line in the middle of it should be almost an entire letter shorter than the text, on both sides.

And yeah, I think this is the highest resolution RA1 logo there is.

As i said above, it was intended to look different slightly, and the longer "arms" on the ampersand is my trademark of my recreation for just the C&C logo, this is how i knows its mine of course.

The field manual page is what i used to finish up my logo, but i already made the vector years ago.

Nice logo CCHyper, sucks people take your stuff without crediting.

Some updates:

For CnCNet v5 I figured out how to make selectable spawn locations and predetermined alliances work but I need to add logic to read them from an INI (probably CncNet v5's SPAWN.INI). I've also done a proof-of-concept for secondary colour schemes like Nod has in C&C1:

JbXltxH.png

Haven't had any bug reports since I released the last PortableRA update so I'll start working on making my Red Alert 95 patch standalone tomorrow or so.

Edited by Iran

Iran, do you know which commit of hifi's your patch is based off of? I'd like to go through the history and help organize things.

The latest commit.

Finished adding support for having the game read predetermined alliances and spawn locations for players.

Edited by Iran

Haven't had any bug reports since I released the last PortableRA update so I'll start working on making my Red Alert 95 patch standalone tomorrow or so.

Well I have a few minor ones, nothing game breaking;

- When loading a saved mission when in-game and every-other subsequent load of a mission, the music does not play (random music option enabled, don't know if it makes a difference). The second, fourth, sixth load of a mission etc music plays fine.

- Tanya can't C4 the tech centers on missions, only fires her pistols.

- On allied missions with enemy AI sub-pens if you capture a SP so the AI has no naval buildings, the constant sonar pulse thing happens (not sure if this is really a bug)

- Poor mission description in final soviet mission

- Force firing naval units while being repaired by naval building causes them to repair on the move

Also, some feature requests in a perfect world

- Enable beta tesla tank in counterstrike missions only (would love this)

- Enable helicarrier in AI skirmish

- Enable phase transport in AI skirmish

- Enable parabombs in AI skirmish

- Possibility of saving missions with more detailed auto pretext; (soviet) xxxxx -> (cs_soviet01) xxxxx

- Have the outdated modem / serial etc options in the ingame multiplayer tab launch CnCnet

Also as a side note, I assume the England / France multi-player bonus bugs were fixed?

Keep up the sick work as always.

Edited by r34ch