Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

Just to be sure it's possible to place a fully repaired vehicle on the service depot?

Yea. You can order a full health vehicle onto the repair pad and it will just sit there. You cannot sell it, you get the crossed out $ icon.

If you move a damaged vehicle onto the repair pad. You can either sell it while it repairs or wait for it to be fully repaired. You can move your mouse away, click elsewhere, select other units, chose the repair tool etc and when you select the sell tool again, it will still show the green $ over the tank on the depot.

So seems the vehicle sell logic works so long as the vehicle was not at full health when moving onto the pad.

Yes, I want my my patch to be compatible with 3.03 online and I will add fixes that desync online to skirmish once I have the time. I hope CnCNet v5 will use my fixes.

I'm still a little confused. I know you have a bunch of features and fixes that desync the current legacy 3.03 patch, that's why you (will) have them as ini options. Its the fixes that currently desync 3.03 online I'm talking about (like LST movement exploit etc). If you patched those exploits / fixes directly into the exe for on-line play however (thus desyncing the legacy 3.03) would you like CnCNet to use that 'new' patch as the 'de-facto' patch required for online play?

I don't know the situation between the developers of CnCNet and this new patch. I guess I just expect the current desyncing fixes to be applied for on-line use at some point and force everyone to upgrade away from legacy 3.03.

Edited by r34ch

Iran and AlexB should be upgraded to 'command and patch' users also :P

I agree.

How many changes to the mix files do you need to do? Do you know when RA needs an encrypted mix and when a TD-style mix will work fine? I would like to try building RA with my command line mix tool.

Edited by Sonarpulse

I have yet to see RA1 require mix encryption. RAED however does require it. I also don't think EDWIN.EXE requires it.

@r34ch: A patched EXE is needed to even launch the game correctly with CnCNet v5 and I sit in #cncnet on freenode every day talking to hifi and the online RA1 community and hifi is really impressed, rest assured the fixes and additions from the patch will be added to CnCNet v5.

The RULES.INI keywords to enable fixes are for a special RULES.INI file I might add that enables all the incompatible with 3.03 game fixes for online.

@r34ch: A patched EXE is needed to even launch the game correctly with CnCNet v5 and I sit in #cncnet on freenode every day talking to hifi and the online RA1 community and hifi is really impressed, rest assured the fixes and additions from the patch will be added to CnCNet v5.

Awesome :D

The RULES.INI keywords to enable fixes are for a special RULES.INI file I might add that enables all the incompatible with 3.03 game fixes for online.

You lost me here again, but my question is answered above.

Thankyou.

RULES.INI modifies the game's internal settings, as a result the game does a check if you're running the same RULES.INI file as other players while playing online ot prevent desyncs, cheating and other stuff. I intend to add my own optional RULES.INI option to the config tool that enables all fixes I made, because this is a custom RULES.INI file you can online play with other people that have it enabled.

Basically it's a way to make the game run in "apply all fixes and break 3.03 compatibility" mode.

• Upvote 1

OK, I will try to build RA with my tool then to see what happens.

Also, consider working off my Aftermath, Counterstrike, and Original repos for your stand-alone edition. I wasn't quite sure on the proper way to merge everything when I first uploaded it so I left it as is. You should know what do, and git will help you verify you did it right.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Also, I finished putting every one if your TODO items into the github bug database. What would you think if making a Command & Patch github organization? I could transfer my repo to it to move the issues database.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Basically it's a way to make the game run in "apply all fixes and break 3.03 compatibility" mode.

Got it.

Sweet. :D

Got it.

Sweet. :D

Not sure if I will add it, probably won't really be used and hopefully most players will use CnCNet V5 so those fixes are applied anyway.

@Sonarpulse: I'm not a member of Command & Patch and I don't have any interest in joining. Doesn't really matter. I'm interested in using your mix tool to build MIX files automatically and put them on a github repo like you did. Did you test if your tool works correctly with RA1 and does it handle MIX files inside Mix files?

The dirty truth is I have only tested my mix tool against XCC mixer. However yes it does support sub MIXes as from my understanding they are just included like any other file.

Well, github finally took my binaries down so I'll need to compile new ones. What OS are you running?

Edited by Sonarpulse

When playing custom missions (flame dancers) and then loading a normal campaign save, it will contain some modded units (flame throwers will be called flame dancers for example)

When playing custom missions (flame dancers) and then loading a normal campaign save, it will contain some modded units (flame throwers will be called flame dancers for example)

Nice find. I discovered this a few days ago when you reported the Tanya issue. Should be an easy fix.

I made a fix for the "engi Q freeze" which is a game freeze while using the Q hotkey in a group that includes engineers. This freeze doesn't always happen.

I'm almost done writing a fix for the issue where the building crew of certain buildings like the Tesla Coil can spawn on impassable terrain, just need to get the actual check for "is this cell passable or not" done, which shouldn't be too hard. I used info from Arda to write the fix and some help from CCHyper figuring out a few engine related things.

I couldn't find a sandbag crush sound in C&C95, are you sure it exists? You can't crush walls in C&C95.

I made a possible fix for the radar dome crash a few weeks ago, do you feel like testing it Bullet? How rare is the radar dome crash for you usually? I have a test map which I've been using and if yet to have the crash, from some debugging it appears as if you need to have units moving around for the crash to happen.

Edited by Iran

couldn't find a sandbag crush sound in C&C95, are you sure it exists? You can't crush walls in C&C95.

I seem to remember a soft 'pffft' sound from some C&C game. Maybe RA2.

Mission 13 for soviets (penultimate mission) is definitely bugged. The briefing says to capture the chronosphere once the radars are destroyed. Once you capture the Chronosphere you hear 'objective met', then 'mission failed' in audio and text. What follows in my case was the 'do you wish to replay the mission dialogue'. Yes, restarts, no boots back to main screen.

However if you destroy all allied units on the map and do not capture the chronosphere, you get 'mission complete' and the FMV of the chronosphere exploding, followed by an angry stalin.

Savegame attached.

Also another map bug, seems a mobile gap generator is off map. I have the GPS launched and it re-shrouds using spy planes.

Finally yet another feature request (that maybe Arda has implemented, I do remember asking about this before)

- Better power meter logic

Its odd that it reaches the top of the screen at set values of power output and usage. Once both hit the top, its a complete guess how much power is being used in relation to how much you have. You can see in the save game.

Edited by r34ch

"Finally yet another feature request (that maybe Arda has implemented, I do remember asking about this before)

- Better power meter logic

Its odd that it reaches the top of the screen at set values of power output and usage. Once both hit the top, its a complete guess how much power is being used in relation to how much you have. You can see in the save game."

Arda doesn't have it but it was suggested to AlexB before and he said he would add it to a later version. I need to figure out the actual part of the code that determines the power meter height, all I did was find a spot where I could scale it based on screen height. It took me a few hours to get the scaling somewhat right.

Hmmm, odd. There is no gap generator on the spot you showed. What you can try is placing cruisers there.

I checked both 13 b and 13 a, You were playing 13 a, the mission I played and which worked fine is 13 b. I checked both maps in RAED and it appears the triggers for 13 a are ****ed. Could you play 13 b for me? If possible make a savegame once you have an army amassed with the Allies base still standing mostly then try out a few things, I need to know if 13 b works correctly.

I checked both maps and I figured out what's going on. There's a trigger called "los3" that's triggered when the Chronosphere is destroyed. In 13b destroying all radar domes triggers the "win3" trigger which destroys the "los3" trigger. In 13a you have the same triggers but "win3" destroys a trigger called "ent1". "ent1" is a trigger that fires when you enter the Allies base, it starts auto-production. It shouldn't be needed to destroy the "ent1" trigger as it's already fired by the point you kill the Radar Domes in normal play, so there's the bug.

I've edited the map and made the "win3" trigger destroy the "los3" trigger, like it does on 13b. Place 'cmu666ea.ini' in the attached ZIP in your game folder and open the 'Custom Missions' menu. Then give it a test drive please.

Soviet mission 13a fix test.zip

Edited by Iran

Someone please also check if capturing the Chronosphere in 13b causes it to get destroyed after which you should get "mission accomplished".

Iran the Radar Dome Crash maybe happens in 1 out of 5 long games which last a few hours. Are you sure the Crash can only happen when units are moving around? How many units need to move while the Crash happens? Must the moving units be on the Radar Screen or not? Also do you have now contact with AlexB?

I'm not sure if it only happens when units are moving around and I don't know how many need to move around. I asked AlexB if he knew anything about the crash but he didn't aside from the fact it crashes in code to draw SHP files.

Could you test this EXE and see if you get the radar dome crash still? I tried a few long skirmish games today but no crash..

ra95.zip

I finished the fix for the building crew leaving Tesla Coil and a few other buildings and spawning on impassable terrain. (Won't be enabled for online play)

AlexB told me how to fix the bug where some explosions are hidden on units, but I have to check if it desyncs online with 3.03 or right.

I also fixed the bug where losing Tech Center (and every other building) doesn't make you lose the technology (extra build options) you acquired from the building, but I need to debug a small issue with double owned objects atm. This fix when completed will be optional and disabled by default.

Edited by Iran

Well the invisible explosions bug fix desyncs online with 3.03.

I finished the tech center bug fix and tested it, seems to work fine.

EDIT: Sonarpulse: For the standalone patch I'll have to use two MIX files that contain all files required by the patch, I'm interested in using your MIX tool for that.

Edited by Iran

I just learned that unencrypted RA mixes are actually not quite identical to TD mixes (they start with 32bit-0), I made some changes to support that format but it's not quite working. I'm working on it now though, and will post when it does. The preliminary revision is committed and uploaded to github though.

Edit: Whoops, I was skipping over 32 bytes instead of 32 bits, should be fixed now. I'm about to test it but it should work just fine.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Iran are you sure the Technology Issue is actually a Bug or is it intended that you dont lose the Technology?

And the Radar Dome Crash cant be reproduced as we dont know what exactly to do, aside the fact that you need a Radar Screen and Low Power. But still then it dont always crashes, so i cant test it. And the Hidden explosions Bug replies also to (big) Buidlings. Seems that you now have contact with AlexB, is he interested in your Fixes?

Edited by Bullet

Ok, I for sure fixed the issue, and did a bunch of other nice stuff. Also tried testing it: RA sorta hanged but I think it was just a wine + my lousy graphic card/driver issue. (I tried campaign.mix from miniRA from redalert1.tk)

Edited by Sonarpulse

Give me the campaign.mix file please, I'll test it myself. You'll still have to build every MIX file the game uses manually to see if your tool works properly.

Bullet: I know you can't exactly reproduce it, but could you playtest the EXE? I talked to AlexB and showed him some of my fixes not sure what he's gonna do with them.

"Iran are you sure the Technology Issue is actually a Bug or is it intended that you dont lose the Technology?"

Not sure, but it doesn't make sense for it to not be a bug because there's no reason to keep the Soviet Tech Center.

Edited by Iran