Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

AI dogs?

Orange fence posts? :P

I kinda wish they made the dog collars all the way round. Its hard to tell what dogs are on what team.

Is it possible to implement an autosave function? I found it rather annoying having to save at the beginning of each mission in the campaign just in case I lost.

Not possible to add an auto-save feature.

Do you think the grenadier throwing bug is important enough to fix or not (considering it only really applies at a slower game speeds).

The infinite range one? I applied it to skirmish and single player a few days ago but I still need to update the download. I can't apply the fix online without breaking 3.03 compatibility (game desyncs). It will probably be applied to any new RA1 online service that's work in progress.

It doesn't really change much during online gameplay (RA1 is a tank game) and you're only cheating yourself in single player.

This might not be a question for you, but do you think it's possible to implement some method to spectate multiplayer games in RA1?

At least give the full minimap to players that have resigned, but are still connected?

his might not be a question for you, but do you think it's possible to implement some method to spectate multiplayer games in RA1?

Old C&C games are not like the recent C&C games that can spectate replays. Westwood never implemented it, but EA did.

Not possible to add an auto-save feature.

It is possible to add an auto-save, but to be honest, making the game write a save game for every new mission (as RA2 does) would be much better.

Old C&C games are not like the recent C&C games that can spectate replays. Westwood never implemented it, but EA did.

Adding a house that allows you to be an observer is possible though, and it could be possible to abuse the Attraction feature to save replays of games, but this would have to be enabled from the start of the match and then stopped on scenario finish.

How would it be possible? Playing back recordings causes a crash at the start if the replay is a non singleplayer game, plus they desync.

Need to recompile for windows, but my tool is fixed now. I generate arbitrary mixes and test serializing and the deserializing them so provided I am understanding the format my tool should work.

Edit: Linux Binary up, same link

Edited by Sonarpulse

I was wondering if someone could make me generic cameos for units that can be made buildable but dont have cameo, e.g. Einstein and GRNL and the civilians.

Here's an DOS interface mod that Allen262 is working on, from the looks of it now it only needs the DOS font if possible:

saMofuE.png

Edited by Iran

I was wondering if someone could make me generic cameos for units that can be made buildable but dont have cameo, e.g. Einstein and GRNL and the civilians.

You mean crap like this?

gnrlicon.png

Sure thing.

Edited by EchoLocation

Yeah like that I guess, for Einstein you could probably get a nice shot from RA1's FMVs

Huh, someone needs to edit that. The original ants campaign doesn't have Tesla ants at all; they're a modder's invention. The only tesla shooting ant was the queen.

These icons are all from ra.afraid.org mods, btw.

Photos of the devs their names are based on :D

Nice Plotkite_Wolf and EchoLocation!

Was wondering if someone could edit the text for the Construction Yard and fake CY icons, they say "Construction" (wtf lol?). I think changing the text to "construct. yard" should fit..

Photos of the devs their names are based on :D

Oh! Nice idea! Where can any of these photos be found?

Was wondering if someone could edit the text for the Construction Yard and fake CY icons, they say "Construction" (wtf lol?). I think changing the text to "construct. yard" should fit..

Bang!

cyrd1.png

fcyd.png

"Construct. Yard" didn't fit unfortunately, but I've seen the term 'ConYard' used enough times in-game and across various forums and whatnot.

Oh! Nice idea! Where can any of these photos be found?

Some are on EVA Database, some are on obsolete sections of CnCWorld.org (some also here) and I assume some are probably on Petroglyph.

Ahhhh Joe Kucan is such a boss! Check that dinner shirt!

yavq41n.jpg

Not to mention Klepacki's creepy look :D

Find Kane:

end009.jpg