Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

Hmmm, Allen262 had the same idea you had Echo_Location, the only difference between your and his edited cameo is the darkened effect on the bottom of the icon (where the text is), it's slightly different.

For the civilians you could make a "Missing cameo" cameo with the ID (e.g. C1) of the civilian unit as text on the bottom of the cameo.

@Plokite, I think Joe Kucan back then (with hair) was a country western guy. But then and now, he looks almost very much like his dad. :P

Edited by zocom7

Oh ****, this one will need reworking! I seem to have turned Steve into a nuclear mutant/burns victim:

burnsvictim.png

Joe, on the other hand, looks passable at the moment (but I will clean it up anyway):

joeiconpal.png

Can anyone create a Kane version (with portrait icon) in RA1 or C&C1 as a bonus unit similar to this?

sshot0112.jpg

@Iran, the C&C95 code you found and integrated into RA1 did not modify well as expected.

Edited by zocom7

@Zocom7: That code was already present in RA95, Westwood modified the C&C95 score screen but left out that code, they even use the C&C95 function names!

Mission makers can now configure what country and colour a house plays at, for example:

[ukraine]
Colour=6 ; colour brown
Country=10 ; country Neutral
I patched a related issue where the single player score screen gets causalities and buildings destroyed information by adding these for every house that plays as a specific side, the problem is that it checked whether a house is Soviet or Allies instead of checking whether the country the house plays at is Soviet or Allies, this has no affect on the game previously but now you can change the country a house plays at in single player so this needed to be fixed.
I also fixed the game so when playing as a country higher than the internal number of 9 the sidebar graphics get loaded correctly, before the game would crash. The Allies sidebar is loaded now. This affects the following countries: Neutral, Special and Multi1-8. Note that these "countries" are different from houses. In multiplayer your house is either multi1 to multi8 and the country you play as is USSR, Greece etc.
Edited by Iran

The GNRL unit (Volkov for Soviets, Stavros for Allies) had Stavros' voice when playing as Ukraine. For no clear reason. He has the generic Soviet voice now, like he has when playing as USSR or BadGuy.

Edited by Iran

Not a bug or update on cameos; just an example of how ridiculous you can make the settings now that we have complete control:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3606/615g.png

The USSR really wants to ally with the UK judging by this (default!) formation.

It's a trap!

I added some fixes Allen262 made for missions where you play against opponent(s) who's casualties are counted towards the side you're playing as. Most notably when playing the Aftermath expansion mission "Brothers in Arms"; the orange "arms dealer" faction is counted as a Soviet side so defeating the missions shows a lot of Soviet casualties on the score screen, even though they're a bunch of dirty traitors!

I've also added support for hifi's latest spawner code with support for pre-determined alliances and selectable spawn location, this is experimental stuff for FunkyFr3sh to test for his online lobby project.

I also added new black and white remap colors available for use, though they're not really finished and need a bit of work.

Here's me playing as Neutral (civilian), with the white colour. This is on a small mission map that Chad1123 made. Note how this can be used to place neutral structures on a multiplayer map with white colour, like in later C&C games (normally Neutral buildings are yellow):

d2jdzJJ.png

Edited by Iran

I added a new map keyword under each House's section of a map, this keyword allows you to disable the hard-coded logic for a house to ally the Neutral house. Example:

[uSSR]
AllyTheNeutralHouse=no ; Don't ally the Neutral house
Edited by Iran

Well I tried my new-updated mixes with my newly-updated cncmixer (was infinitely recurring on . and .. lol on linux ....and it crashed. Obviously there is too much different here for this really to be a good test, but here is my crash dump. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jo65ndshr09tn9t

On a related note, the linux binary for cncmix is up to date, but the windows one isn't.

Edited by Sonarpulse

The crashdump doesn't tell me much, it shows me it crashes inside a memory related function but curiously there's no call stack displayed...

Edited by Iran

Something that's bugged me since the first time I discovered it:

Would it be possible to locate what causes this issue and fix it? It might break 3.03 compatibility (in which case it could be an option much like forcing The Aftermath), but it can become incredibly annoying to be told that apparently my Spy Plane and Paratroopers are constantly and mysteriously unlocking some 'new' technology which was so hidden that I still can't see it on the Sidebar.

Allied mission AM: Harbour Reclamation - if you let the spy escape and attack one of the two smaller bases, the AI will produce APCs to attack your base.

0wQIyI8.png

The crashdump doesn't tell me much, it shows me it crashes inside a memory related function but curiously there's no call stack displayed...

Ah pity. I think I'll try un zipping and rezipping a small mix from portable RA next. If that crashes too I'll send you the mix with the crash dump

Unsurfaced sub being auto attacked.

YQzdNfT.png

It surfaced fine when playing the mission, but when loaded from a save it doesn't surface.

I get the same issue with the savegame but other subs work, was there anything special about that sub? btw I won that mission once when I was 7 but I'm unable to do now. ;(

Could you post the Harbour Reclamation issue over at the cnc-comm thread? I guess allen262 is my resident map fixer

btw it's weird I've never read about any of these map issues before, seems like people haven't reallly written anything about it.

Edited by Iran

Another bug.

If you capture a radar dome while you have low power and no minimap (ie the faction logo in the top right), the radar does not make the power down sound when captured and the faction logo still remains. However if you regain power, the radar will power up as normal with sound and showing the minimap - and if you loose power again, will make the power down sound and the minimap will be replaced by the darkened screen.

I guess this is similar logic to building a unit with low power so it builds incredibly slow, regaining power while building but the building continues to be slow. If you cancel and rebuild it would be fine.

I get the same issue with the savegame but other subs work, was there anything special about that sub?

Literally no idea. I've tried saving when the other subs are surfaced, once they've resurfaced, etc. No idea :/

After playing most of these missions, it kinda sucks WW didn't put as much thought into them as they could have.

The amount of missions I have played where you can save engineers or spys, only for them to be almost completely useless sucks. Even small scripted bonuses like health or money are just not there.

/minirant

@Zocom7: That code was already present in RA95, Westwood modified the C&C95 score screen but left out that code, they even use the C&C95 function names!

Mission makers can now configure what country and colour a house plays at, for example:

[ukraine]
Colour=6 ; colour brown
Country=10 ; country Neutral
I patched a related issue where the single player score screen gets causalities and buildings destroyed information by adding these for every house that plays as a specific side, the problem is that it checked whether a house is Soviet or Allies instead of checking whether the country the house plays at is Soviet or Allies, this has no affect on the game previously but now you can change the country a house plays at in single player so this needed to be fixed.
I also fixed the game so when playing as a country higher than the internal number of 9 the sidebar graphics get loaded correctly, before the game would crash. The Allies sidebar is loaded now. This affects the following countries: Neutral, Special and Multi1-8. Note that these "countries" are different from houses. In multiplayer your house is either multi1 to multi8 and the country you play as is USSR, Greece etc.

Why did you not use Get_String() and pass it onto HouseTypeClass::From_Name()? So that way you have Country=England or such...

Unsurfaced sub being auto attacked.

It surfaced fine when playing the mission, but when loaded from a save it doesn't surface.

I think you got that the wrong way around... subs don't uncloak when they get detected. Subs only uncloak when they retaliate after detector units start attacking it. Detector units don't actually force it to uncloak, they can simply see it and fire at it when it's in their detection range.

Any updates so far?