Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

Hey Iran you have done nice work! Seems that you have fixed all known Bugs in RA so far, so that you are already starting to implement Mod options.

As i can see you have also many Bug fixes from Arda, did you implemented all of them? What about the fix for the Problem related to Tags?

As for options for your new Vehicles i really would appreciate Seclection Bracket settings, Larger Unit Update Rectangle, so that even big Unit Images have no graphical glitches, Radar Jammer Option and specific Options to be able to implement the C&C1 MLRS Rocket Launcher (not SSM Launcher):

Reload (it is already in RA but it does not work), Turret, Turretposition and Turretframes, so the Turret of the MLRS can rotate its Turret on the Back like in C&C1 independable of the Vehicle itself. Would be really good for Mods :)

Thank you for all the hard work!

The fix for the tags issue was already in ra303p since I started working on the patch, it was a fix AlexB contributed to ra303p when hifi made the first few versions. I got some other Arda fixes and modding additions too but not all of them (should have most fixes though).

I'll see about the extra tags.

Hmm i would like to know what was the actually problem with the tags? I can remember there were problems with the name tags or something until the patch came out.

Was it a game crashing bug? What was the result of the error?

Thanks Iran :)

It was a game crashing bug and it was because a variable or something wasn't checked before being used. That's all I know never really looked into it.

Today i tried to run PortableRA in Full Resolution (my Screen max Resolution is 1366x768) and i attached what happens in the main lobby. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.

I can only fix it, when i use the OpenGL renderer instead of the GDI renderer.

In other versions with cncdraw and without PortableRA i did not have this problem and i was able to use GDI renderer.

Besides i noticed the "Slow Unit Build" Option from the former Internet Lobby in the game, isnt enabled in the Skirmish and Lan Lobby like in C&C Arda.

Iran you build in RAED with updates like new Triggers... on which RAED version did you base it?

Also you could add a 126x126 Water Base map for Marine Missions :)

Keep up the Good work!

post-7262-0-77082500-1384261143_thumb.png

Edited by Bullet

Try playing around with the resolution settings. I haven't updated RAED (the source code isn't available). I won't be adding the slow build option, you can get this option by running CnCNet v5 and selecting it when hosting a match, if you host a match with only you and AI in it it'll be set to skirmish mode.

can only fix it, when i use the OpenGL renderer instead of the GDI renderer.

I have this issue on Ubunutu, so that's why I assume there are two options :P

If you didnt updated RAED Scenario Editor, then how you added the new Triggers and Features to it?

Still i want to know which Version of RAED you included in your PortableRA ;)

If you didnt updated RAED Scenario Editor, then how you added the new Triggers and Features to it?

Still i want to know which Version of RAED you included in your PortableRA ;)

He added triggers to THE GAME, not to RAED. It's possible to edit triggers manually in the mission file if you know how they're composed.

Why you dont want to tell me, which Version of RAED you included in your PortableRA? x)

Is it 1.25?

Hey Bullet, I checked your PPM thread and your screenshots caught my eye. In particular, the list you gave was interesting to me as a PSX retaliation player myself.

1. The new Temperate Terrain without black pixels
2. The new green House Colour
3. The new wooden Woodcrate instead of a Steelcrate
4. The Airfield without the Flag
5. The Weapons Factory without the gate
6. The damaged Chronosphere
7. The Building Placementfield
8. The Shadow from Retaliation
9. The lowres Playstation Icons
10.The changed progress field when you click on something in the Sidebar
Would you perhaps be willing to collaborate with Iran so he could implement those files into his launcher options? I think people would love the 'PSX' options to go along with the 'DOS' mod and 'Beta' graphics. I would LOVE the PSX house colours personally, the neon green and the violet blue <3
Also, did you change the ore silo in your mod? The PC DOS one looks like sBdoxm5.png as opposed to the PSX tLhz32r.png
I never noticed the air field flag wasn't animated before :P
Edited by r34ch

It's 1.26, patched by Nyerguds and FunkyFresh.

I also found a small bug in the second ant mission. When you destroy the barrels killing the trucks near the ant hill in the SE (you have to force fire) the anti bug flares/gas that appear have no effect on the ants.

2GBvBfd.png

It's 1.26, patched by Nyerguds and FunkyFresh.

Oh, Funky patched in the new triggers?

Hello r34ch thanks for appreciating my mod features. To answer your question, yes i have made the PSX Icons with the original Ore Silo Icon and i also coloured the Background of the Icons to grey as in Retaliation. First of all its still a long way until Irans PortableRA is finished, because he just started to implement Mod options to the game, as fixing the Bugs of it is much more important. If Iran does implement more and more of the needed Mod options for my Mod which are already in Arda (But it doesnt have all the Bug fixes), then for sure i will be willing to give him the PSX graphic files, but you need to ask Iran too :)

I hope someday he implement all Mod Features Arda has, because Arda seems to be dead :(

If Iran does implement more and more of the needed Mod options for my Mod which are already in Arda (But it doesnt have all the Bug fixes), then for sure i will be willing to give him the PSX graphic files, but you need to ask Iran too :)

That would be awesome if you shared the files and Iran could implement them :)

Also, mission 3 of the ant missions reads 'unable to load scenario'.

EDIT: Also not sure if known, but if playing soviets you capture an allied CY and build an allied tech centre before you build a soviet tech centre, all allied and soviet tech centre stuff will become available.

EDIT2: Also Iran, I wasn't able to test the ore EXE because i can't run it on linux :/

Edited by r34ch

Why can't you run it on Linux? How did you try to load ant mission 3?

Nyerguds: FunkyFr3sh did some minor patches like making the editor save maps with .MPR extension by default.

Why can't you run it on Linux? How did you try to load ant mission 3?

Dunno how :( when running the full installer it just launches wine and everything is handled easily. The EXE, even in the directory seems to do nothing when launched with wine.

As for the ant mission, just played through to mission two, saved near the end and quit. Loaded the save later and as soon as I kill the last bridge, immediately the unable to read scenario pops up. Interestingly, the tool bar at the top is loaded and a new music track is played, but i have to kill wine to exit.

Edited by r34ch

Can you give me the savegame? The EXE should work fine with Wine, are you running wine from the command line?

Does Ant Mission 3 work if you start the campaign and get far enough into the campaign to load it without using savegames?

Edited by Iran

For an update, have you attempted to add a keyboard function to increase/decrease game speed, Iran?

Oh that savegame bug might have been fixed in the latest game exe, which you can't run for some reason. I just tried loading the savegame but I can't because I modified the games save/load code to allow for saving/loading extra features added by my patch.

You'll have to check with my latest EXE..or someone else need to check with it and give me a savegame.

Oh that savegame bug might have been fixed in the latest game exe, which you can't run for some reason.

I was being a massive herp derp. The exe for the ore changes ran just fine.

I adjusted OreTruckRate = 2 in rules.ini and it was the best AI skirmish i've ever had.

6cuZsPe.png

This is about half an hour in, just fannying about and testing. AI is still mining ore and pumping out units.

IMHO the only other factor affecting ore fields are battles fought on them, which shreds them in no time. In the warheads section in rules.ini, there is an option for damage against ore, which states it is default at 'no'. No weapon warheads actually have the Ore = 'yes' tag, yet nearly every explosive weapon in the game destroys ore - which I also find odd, because ore is rock, essentially.

Personally I think this could be an ancient overlooked bug, and if fixed, along with the other changes would finally eliminate the ore economy issue on older 'normal' maps.

EDIT: Nuke warhead has Ore = yes, but oddly (haven't tested) I can't seem to remember nukes damaging ore in particular..

You'll have to check with my latest EXE

Do you have a link? The savegame crashes the game with the ore patch exe.

Edited by r34ch

Should be this EXE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/ra95-spawn.exe

I think the RULES.INI option is the ability to target ore (and gems?). While doing the ore patch (see what I did there?) I saw the code responsible for destroying Ore when it's shot at. Should be simple to patch but I need to add both the ore patch and not destroying Ore when it's shot at as RULES.INI options.

I'm kinda busy with adding TS support for CnCnet v5, I was wanting to release a PortableRA update at the end of November but I doubt I'll make that deadline. I need to apply a few small fixes still and what is more time consuming, test everything..