Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

I think the RULES.INI option is the ability to target ore (and gems?).

I enabled Ore = yes, for all weapons, and nothing seemed to change. I can't target ore or gems and force fire is still disabled. I disabled it for the nuke, thinking perhaps it was an override to allow you to fire the nuke superweapon at units in an ore field, but didn't seem to change anything either - you can launch nukes at ore fields with or without the option.

Interestingly I can't seem to see nukes or nuke trucks destroying ore in skirmish though, even when I change those options. Nuke trucks defiantly clear ore in campaign though...

I'm kinda busy

Don't worry, its nothing urgent, but glad a fix is easy enough. Maybe some time implementing TS will do you some good now that the RA puns are rolling out :P

Unless there are some really weird issues happening I can get a fully alpha working within a few days for TS. Also looks like RA2 and YR support will be easy if I can get TS done, because it's the same code/engine internally.

Funky said he'd check if he can play a LAN game game with what I wrote now. Gotta apply a few networking code fixes to get CnCnet v5 support working (port send and receive fix and support for CnCNet v5 tunneling). Also need to find how per player handicaps are set in TS and I gotta add code to allow for selectable spawning locations, I found the function that creates the spawning locations but I don't know where it gets the player to spawn for and what starting location to use. Hopefully I can do that in an afternoon.

Edited by Iran

https://github.com/cnc-patch/ra303p-data

My data branch is now master, your old data branch is iran-funky, and my changes on your branch is sonar-old. Once I split up general into campaign and do the hashing for the defult MP maps, my branch should be perfectly usable (if you need to do a release very soon, just use iran-funky). The two top commits on master start with TEMP: they show some files that were modified in your repo. Funky has explained some but if you just want to double check that would be cool. I hope to redo the commits detailing why each modification was made (eg missile silo icon misspelling). Some of the changes reverted mysterious modifications made by aftermath or counterstrike, if you look back in the history, the commit message lists each file they modified when I merged.

Long term I'd like to completely scrap westwood's directory hierarchy and do something that is more sane and easy to follow for modders. Not sure how many mix file names you can register with the game, but hopefully it can be done. I should hopefully get my cncmix tool finally working, the problem last time I tested it might have aftermath terrain tiles which were weirded up, and not my tool.

Edited by Sonarpulse

Fixed an issue with ant missions savegames not loading the next mission properly. There was a CD check in the loading code, it was preventing the game from recognizing the savegame as an Ant Mission one.

Hello Iran i have some feedback for your features list.

You should give it an appropriate order for a better overview. Also links in a directory would be nice though :)

It should be like: First all Crash and Bug fixes, then all Features + Additions and not until then the configurable tags for 1. redalert.ini, music.ini then all tags for All the fixes and finally all modding related tags in Rules.ini, aftrmath.ini etc.

Also i noticed you neither activated the Ore Mine Foundation Fix for Online Multiplayer nor you made it configurable via a Rules Tag :( Same for Building Crew for Tesla Coils and many other fixes.

Why not giving all Fixes configurable Tags? Why have only a few fixes tags? The other fixes should have tags too. So you can use all Fixes also Online if all players activate them.

Thanks Iran :thumbsup:

The Ore Mine foundation fix should work on online games played via CnCNet 5. Haven't checked though.

I've updated the downloads on the PortableRA site. There was an issue where if there are no songs available for the game to play (like with the PortableRA minimum game package ZIP) the game would get in an infinite loop in the main menu. That's now fixed.

In related news, CnCNet 5 reached a new player count record of 205 players on just now!

Out of 146 total changes in the Features list, which those are new for the latest version?

Edited by zocom7

Not sure, been a while since the last release and I redid a bunch of features too.

I have an issue already with this latest version.

I installed and updated/overwritten the files for this latest version but somehow I got an app message error when loading the game for apparently no reason. If this is a bug, please re-release PortableRA ASAP.

You're not supposed to update/overwrite any files.

There is still a bug in the interior terrain, ARRO0003 is not visible ingame.

Is it possible to switch off the evacuation of GNRL and einstein via transport helicopter in singleplayer too?

Edited by Aasfresser

>There is still a bug in the interior terrain, ARRO0003 is not visible ingame.

Is this an original game bug or added by my patch?

>Is it possible to switch off the evacuation of GNRL and einstein via transport helicopter in singleplayer too?

No. Do you want this feature as map keyword?

I'll be making a release news announcement in a week, maybe two.

it's an original game bug.

That would be a useful map keyword, I use the general as commando in combination with the chinook in some missions.

There is a CivEvac= key in the [basic] section which originally might have intended this, but this never had worked.

Edited by Aasfresser

It only affects actual civilians IIRC. Not sure if it works or not.

In your new release will there all fixes be activatable for online play?

Aasfresser: Can you tell me how to fix the ARRO00003 thing?

I don't know much about the RA hardcode, so I don't know the reason for the bug.

maybe they have misspelled the graphic's file name or just forgot to add this tile.

I'm sure it could be possible to add the missing tile to the internal list of terrain tiles in this case.

edit: on the RAED radar screen this tile is shown black and not grey, so the tile itself could be corrupted.

Edited by Aasfresser

It's in the list of hard-coded tiles. Could you try and figure out what the issue is?

I'm gonna do a news announcement about the new beta now.

I've checked out the tmp file. I exchanged the file names of arro0003.int and arro0004.int and in all cases it is the file I called ..03 which is shown black. so the tmp file seems ok, it must be a hardcode problem. Weird thing.

I'm no programmer so I can't do any more in this case.

Can't see anything wrong with it in the game oode, but it's kind of a mystery for me.

I'll be updating PortableRA soon as Aasfresser noticed the winter theater wasn't working. Shame no one seems to test.

I've thought about some things that could be interesting in future.

A trigger that adds a cloaking possibility to the attached object like the cloaking crate from this lunar multiplayer map. maybe you can create the trigger by attaching a goodie crate function to the attached object, so it also would be possible to add firepower, strength, heal all, cloaking... via a trigger.

The cloakable= ini tag might be expanded to structures and aircraft types.

I've seen you plan to modify the AI to not build radar jammers etc but building dogs instead.

A generally working AIBuildThis= ini tag like in TS/RA2 would be nice, affecting on structures, units, infrantry, aircraft, ships...

But instead of yes/no there could be an integer, so it would possible for the modder/map-builder, to decide which and how much of the objects the skirmish AI build:

-1 = AI build unlimited of this type, like most tanks

1,2,3,.... = limit of units from this type, like the kennel or the engineer

0 = AI does'nt build it

How can I add new units/structures without overwriting an existing entry?

Can someone test if the small infantry option and DOS sidebar option works in the latest release?