Sign in to follow this  
Iran

PortableRA Beta

small infantry is working, dos not.

I need left-hand-mouse-support for the game: my right hand is broken so i changed left/right buttons of the mouse in windows, but in this case the multiple selection bracket doesn't work.

two crash files for you:

1. game crashes while starting

2. game crashes while showing name of a structure where I changed the name= field in the map's .ini.

ra95crash.rar

crash 1. game crashed while trying to do get the font character pixel width for the text to draw for a message box in-game, (NOT a Windows message box, an in-game message box)

crash 2, crash which probably is related to name= yeah.

Never seen either of those two crashes before.

Left-hand mouse issue also occurs with C&C1, don't know the issue.

Seems like DOS interface mod stopped working, don't know why. I'll look into. Seems that if music is missing the game freezes during a match too or something, gotta look into that too.

Guy with the name Tschokky finished the desert C&C1 conversion theater, C&C1 shores, rivers and bridges and stuff were missing. he converted them and also created new desert tiles for them for the tiles which RA1 has but not C&C1 (RA1 has more tiles than C&C1 for a theater, including more river and shore tiles): http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1588.msg18254#new

He gave me permission to include the updated desert theater, waiting for him to upload.

I doubt I'll add any new modding possibilities to the game, I just don't have interest.

Edited by Iran

Any chance of implementing the indestructible ore option since you stumbled across it not long ago?

I probably won't. The option itself isn't that hard it's just that I need to do a lot of testing and coding to make sure savegame support for it works, that the game doesn't store the setting in memory when reading from all the INI files, RULES.INI, map file ini etc. That takes a lot of time (and is also the reason why older savegames no longer work, thank God I was able to keep 3.03 savegame support by adding extra 3.03 savegame checks)

I probably won't. The option itself isn't that hard it's just that I need to do a lot of testing and coding to make sure savegame support for it works, that the game doesn't store the setting in memory when reading from all the INI files, RULES.INI, map file ini etc. That takes a lot of time (and is also the reason why older savegames no longer work, thank God I was able to keep 3.03 savegame support by adding extra 3.03 savegame checks)

:(

But understandable. What are you working on these days anyway?

not much

Edited by Iran

Wow man, I didn't expect such a personal response, but that's pretty cool :P

I've took up meditation at the start of the year to help improve my concentration and emotions, not in that I'm an emotional person (I'm the opposite) in- or outwardly but to help with feelings of failure, negativity, excitement et cetera. It's been going great so far and it really seems to help with my learning skills, also makes me feel much more focused and relaxed.

I started some basic meditation and found I was much more productive, I should really get back into it. It was great first thing in the morning, it kept me focused more through the day.

It's fun to take up new skills and learn/do new things. It just requires a bit of discipline, which was missing in my adolescent years.

Yea tell me about it man, I'm still working on mine! :D

Yeah, I've been having fun.

In other news, CnCNet 5 hit a new player record of 350 players an hour ago.

I've just added untested support for a Jungle theater which Tschokky has been working on (with help from Allen262), over at the cnc-comm forums: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2880.0

Will be added to the patch when it's done.

I've also fixed all the extra REDALERT.INI options my patch added, like DOS sidebar and small infantry.

Additionally I also changed the SecondaryColorScheme= option a bit so the MCV, Ore Truck and aircraft use this secondary color scheme, like Nod units in C&C1.

Are there any other patch issues I need to fix?

The official PortableRA package hasn't been updated but the changes are applied to this EXE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs9m62y73etql1p/ra95.exe

Edited by Iran

Nod aircraft in C&C1 don't use the buildings colour... they're just gray. It's really just the MCV and harvester, because their animations in C&C1 are building animations (deploying for the MCV, docking and unloading for the harvester).

I've just added untested support for a Jungle theater which Tschokky has been working on (with help from Allen262), over at the cnc-comm forums: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2880.0

Succesfully tested now:

ra_screen58.pngA

nice job, guys!

why do the trees "bleed" when destroyed? I mean the red pixels in the destroy animation

Edited by Aasfresser

Not sure. I'll ask on cnc-comm or you can make an account yourself there if you prefer. I'm not the one who is making the theater.

The guy working on the theater is planning to do another one with a more post-apocalyptic theme.

There's a crash with savegames involving some code getting overwritten during run time, tutorial ini loading code from loading.asm for maps. Gotta figure it out.

No new update in about two months, Iran?

Doing Tiberian Sun patches for the Dawn of The Tiberium Age and Twisted Insurrection teams.

Doing Tiberian Sun patches for the Dawn of The Tiberium Age and Twisted Insurrection teams.

Any links to progress or updates? Just curious. I love watching updates for these old gems.

The patches are used by those two mods but TI only releases large updates and the first update using all my patches will be released on the 17th of July, Dawn of The Tiberium Age already released a bunch of updates with them. Go to the dawn of the tiberium age moddb.com site for updates: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age

They released an update with support for multiplayer reinforcements and pre-placed multiplayer buildings a few days ago which also includes a Soviet campaign.

Edited by Iran

Not sure if there's still interest for this but I just compiled a new version, will update the PortableRA website on iran.cnc-comm.com/redalert if there are no issues:

- Added Jungle theater support and data files

- Fixed the game locking up at missing start when the game can't find any music and the 'random starting music' game option is enabled.

- Fixed loading of beta graphics recreations, DOS sidebar and small infantry etc.

- NOT SURE but I think I fixed the issue where the game would crash while loading some mission saevegames OR when you re-loaded a mission savegame twice using 'load mission' savegame dialog.

Minimum game package 14.2MB (no music, no movies, no campaign, no extra, comes with expansions): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/PortableRA.zip

Installer 151.0MB (everything except movies): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/PortableRA%20setup.exe

Movies like always can be found on http://iran.cnc-comm.com/redalert , direct download link for movies installer is http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/PortableRA%20videos%20setup.exe

Edited by Iran

Funny problem but I started a skirmish with cncnet 5 and the dos interface mod wasen't working but the icon remapping function was still working so I dunno why this is happening also small infantry isn't working to and the beta mods aren't either so cncnet 5 is probably not picking them up right.

cncnet5 uses ra95-spawn.exe, which is an older version of the EXE. try replacing ra95-spawn.exe with ra95.exe from the download.

I don't think that works... fairly sure the spawn exe is md5 checked by the client and redownloaded when tampered with.

Nah he was correct using iran's latest ra95 exe and renaming to ra-spawn fixed all the mods they are showing up correctly.

Sorry for the double post but I experianced a crash! When my GPS rocket luanched and the reached the top and exploded, the game stuttered for a second then crashed the game!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3p3advffxx6li5d/ra95crash.zip Here is the report.

Edit: I forgot to mention the ''ParabombsInMultiplayer='' will not work inside rules.ini and I am using skirmish in RA not cncnet I believe I put in the right place to work...

Edited by Chad1233

The crashdump has something to do with uncovering cell shadow...so it probably crashed while unveiling the whole map.

You need to use spawn.xdp instead of rules.ini when using cncnet5/spawner

Firstly, thank you to everyone involved in creating the 3.03p patch (hires and other fixes). I have had an urge to revist Red Alert and this has made playing it a real pleasure.

Thought I would like to report a bug though. It seems no matter what I set the music settings to, it will not play the correct theme for the single player missions (when the mission starts).

I have tried all the combinations present in the "Red Alert 95 Config", but nothing seems to restore how this used to work.

That is, turning on and off combinations of "Shuffle Music", "Repeat Music", "Randomize the starting...", "Show all music...".

I am using the version currently avaiable on the Portable RA site:
v 3.03p, R298, GIT~356FB3F

I have confirmed that the Theme setting is present in the Campaign.mix (for example Theme=FAC1226M in scg04ea.ini), but it seems these are skipped/ignored.