Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ.com Roundtable Discussion #35: December 2012

In early December 2012, a whole bunch of community leaders from various C&C fan sites and projects were invited to the Victory Games studio in Los Angeles for the C&C Community Summit to check out the new Command & Conquer. With that in mind, we decided it was time for a new edition our Roundtable Discussion, so we rounded up as many people as we could who attended to get their views on this special event.

xcqUE.jpg

Click here to read Roundtable Discussion #35. Feel free to comment and share your feedback about this Roundtable.

Nice discussion but no GunRun and Seraph?

Three other questions:

1. Is Sam Bass still in the C&C team or he left? Otherwise I thought that this new EALA RTS-team is full of newcomers.

2. What's up with a Tiberium Bible and where did it come from?

3. Is Jeremy Townsend one of the main C&C developers (on the monetization)?

Edited by zocom7

Unfortunately I didn't get replies from TheGunRun, Seraph or Zephyr (CnCSaga.com) for this.

To answer your questions....

1. Yes Sam Bass is still there. In fact he was one of the first devs to give a presentation. He is either a senior or lead designer (I forget which one) on the new C&C.
  2. The Tiberium Bible was created by the team who was working on long since cancelled Tiberium FPS. It was interesting to read some of it and see the cool artwork. But as Cypher will tell you, it is littered with contradicting dates and inaccurate information.
  3. Jeremy Townsend is one of the new guys on the C&C dev team. He is responsible for balancing the GLA, EU, and the 3rd Faction that can't be named right now.

Hmmm. Question 1 I had asked for might have answered a previous question I had mentioned earlier: http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-691.html

More questions to ask:

1. Is there any new music in development? If so, who's composing it?

2. Are there any other new implementations to the new C&C game other than gameplay and graphics?

You asked if Sam Bass was still there, he is. No sure what your talking about in that link to the official forums.

1. Music will be done eventually. Right now they are focused on building a fun to play game. So no one has been chosen to compose the soundtrack yet.
  2. New implementations, as in game modes? then yes. without going into specifics there will be some PVE modes.

Nice read (as always) and great to see/hear the positive vibe you all have.

(It was interesting that you all liked the balance presentation.)