RucaHunaa

Please Insert Correct CD-ROM ZH error

i have the First Decade Pack and when i try to luanch zero hour it says to insert the right cd-rom I Fully Own The game and i dont want to use a no cd patch i have windows 7 home premium 64 bit i have set it to WinXP SP3 and running it as admin but still not working Does Any One Have A Patch For This?

Edited by RucaHunaa

Get TFD 1.03 rev4. Among other important fixes, it removes the need for the discs.

Get TFD 1.03 rev4. Among other important fixes, it removes the need for the discs.

got that already, it still happens and even if i put the actual disc in....

Tried reinstalling?

Tried reinstalling?

done some experiment, found out the problem actually caused by TFD unofficial patch 1.03 rev4, the game goes through fine, well at least to the main screen with no patch, but as soon as i patch it up, the same problem occurs: Please insert the first game CD. but the CD is not the problem, cause, it won't change a thing even the disc is in.

now the most viable option which I just tested and worked is to reinstall the copy, and install the Gentool instead!!! so that you can remain to play the game withput the damn CD, and bug fixed!! I recommend everyone to at least give it a try on this!!

more tinkering, found out that its not even to do gentool, the way too somehow trick the computer is that:

1. install the TFD

2.patch the game

3.use repair to reinstall the game

that should work!! gentool is of course awesome, especially you want it to have widescreen and higher resolution setting.

so if the above doesn't work, by all means try the gentool, don't know if I can help further, but let me know ;)

So, I have recently managed to give myself this issue...by making a music pack for Contra 008.

I don't get how or why, but I do know that it goes away if the pack is removed, so it IS tied to it.