Sign in to follow this  
Plok

EA_CIRE's Message on the Summit

We've seen people expressing their confusion and impatience after the C&C Community Summit did not give much information on the game itself, in spite of the efforts of dedicated fans like our staff member Alex06, who tried to extract as much info as he could from the trailer. EA_CIRE responded on the fans' feedback in these two posts:

Ql5JY.png

Beta is scheduled to start during the first half of this year. This is of course if everything goes right and as planned!

(...)This summit, which was more a first external consumer test than a classic summit, was done in an early development state - Normally we would have invited selected people under strict NDA without ever saying anything about it in public. There is still a long road in front of us till this game will loose its alpha and beta status, going into full live service mode. But I wanted to give studio the opportunity talking to some engaged long time fans in full depth and send a signal to the broader community that the game is still in development, giving you guys a little bit more information about the game. And you can find a great coverage of this past event across Gamereplays.org, CNCNZ.com, United-Forum.de and CNCSAGA.com!(...)

You can see the original posts here and here. You can also see Alex06's explained images here.

So what does everyone think that we (who attended) are expected to spill the details on everything about the game?

I was planning a full summit article to have been posted just before Christmas but I honestly can't recall much of what I played. By the time this game reaches a public state the game probably won't be anything like we played this time last month. Besides Zee summed up everything in his update video.

Well, hope dies last, eh? Seriously, I think people (myself included) believe summits are made to (slowly) bring out more and more info. This time, we didn't get that.

From what I seem to know from the past, previous summits didn't have that strict NDA's - exhibit 1 - exhibit 2. Some sites are attempting to leak as much data as they can without making Victory Games go haywire on them.

I was planning a full summit article to have been posted just before Christmas but I honestly can't recall much of what I played.

Well, then, so much for a 100% hope boost from last month.

The past summits were under different NDAs. Your exhibit #2 link is not from the RA3 summit, they are from the RA3 beta testing.

Easily could've been taken on site. Strikethrough.

Guest Stevie_K

Well. I think all that the community wants to know (speaking for myself), is to know whether those who attended the summit have more or less confidence in the game, and why.

I would really like to know the personal opinions on the game even though it's this early. Can't remember a summit where everything have been this quiet in the aftermath.

There's one question that has yet to be answered, will there be funds to use in that C&C F2P game? If so, can anyone transfer and use their funds from Tiberium Alliances (or any other free EA online game) onto this C&C F2P game?

Well. I think all that the community wants to know (speaking for myself), is to know whether those who attended the summit have more or less confidence in the game, and why.

I would really like to know the personal opinions on the game even though it's this early. Can't remember a summit where everything have been this quiet in the aftermath.

The info is out there, look for the individual reports on some off the fansites. For example our last Roundtable posted here http://www.cncnz.com/features/roundtable/2012/35/#.UPDRi2d2G-0

There's one question that has yet to be answered, will there be funds to use in that C&C F2P game? If so, can anyone transfer and use their funds from Tiberium Alliances (or any other free EA online game) onto this C&C F2P game?

Your question is sort of confusing to me. But yeah I guess so. Keep in mind that what content you will pay for hasn't been decided on yet.