Sonic

Command & Conquer in HTML5

There have been a few Command & Conquer browser-based projects that have popped up in recent times. But this one is probably the best one so far. Command & Conquer in HTML5 is a recreation of the original Command & Conquer, made entirely in HTML5 and JavaScript. The current version includes several missions from the singleplayer campaign and features multiplayer support using Node.js.

DIQoB2y.png

You can see more and play it by clicking here. Make sure your web browser is up to date.

• Upvote 1

Cool. It works really well, much better than FreeCNC ever did. Let's hope development continues and that it ends up being just as fun as the real game.

I wish more companies were like Id Software, who releases the source code for their games. This way the modding community would benefit greatly, and the games would be playable on many more platforms. I don't think EA would ever do this though, as they see more value in eventually being able to re-release the game themselves. I bet they don't even know where they have the source code, haha.

Even if they wanted to, they can't - they lost Westwood's source codes in 2003.

Even if they wanted to, they can't - they lost Westwood's source codes in 2003.

That was news to me. Do you have a source for that?

In any case, clumsy!