Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C - Free to Play Beta to Start Q1 or Q2

On the Official Command & Conquer Twitter page we finally got some indication as to when the Command & Conquer - Free to Play beta will begin. Just as the tweet says we will have to wait until either the ending of quarter 1 or the start of quarter 2 for 2013.

V7yaUyg.png

Click here for the original post. It's also worth mentioning that articles from The Game Fanatics and RTSGuru.com which are stating that the new Command & Conquer could be having a "soft launch" soon are totally inaccurate. The so called exclusive The Game Fanatics article claims the game is still called Generals 2 and retail/collectors editions will also be made available. So disregard these false reports.

EA should have given an exact month for the beta release, not an estimated one.

Why? So everyone can whine and complain when they push it back? EA doesn't know when it will be ready, so why do they have to tell you?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why? So everyone can whine and complain when they push it back? EA doesn't know when it will be ready, so why do they have to tell you?

Yep agree, no need to give a date just yet. I would think EA know their planned release dates though...

I would think EA know their planned release dates though...

Possibly, but I got the impression from the summit attendees that EA doesn't know, as figuring out a release date isn't really a priority at this point.

Actually we did see some dates when we toured up stairs in the devs office area, but I sure as hell can't remember them. Even if I did remember them you know we can't reveal them anyway. But as Nmenth alluded to its best they don't announce specific dates.

Edited by Sonic

Even I did remember them you know we can reveal them anyway.

You mean can't? :unsure:

Oops! Silly typos in there. Yeah we can't reveal them.

i bouth the "stupid" (yeah it was a stupid one) collection of the latest release hoppin that there will be a unified installer and better windows 7 out of the box support, and i only got the same games again!

but i paid it Just so that i will be invited to the new CnC beta, i really do hope so for their own and mine good, the ones we bought this collection we do get invited and be from the first ones actually. not after 3 months. :rolleyes:

Been checking my email everyday for my exclusive beta invitation...nothing's arrived yet. I bought the ultimate edition purely for the BETA key.

Don't expect it for a few months yet...