Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Cartoon and Conquer #47

Cartoon and Conquer #47:

047.png

Next on 15th of February.

Good one. :)

One question though, why the constant mixing in the Tiberium universe's timeline? The Nod guys are from renegade, we have GDI troopers from the TS era who hang out with a C&C3 Engineer and if I'm not mistaken (which I could be) the Black Hand elite was organized into the "flamethrower department" over in the middle of the 3rd war.

Though it's obvious that the more you mix it up, the more options in joking about something become available and the characters can be more diverse. But I'm just curious.

On a side note, I think I remember asking something similar in the past, but I'm not sure if that actually happened. So I guess I've gone mentally insane. Tiberium flakes, anyone?

Edited by AZ-Stalker

Go Viscy :D

The Nod guys are from renegade,

Nod doesn't have standardised uniforms. That's why you'll see Militants in KW wearing TS armours in 2034, 2046 and 2052, while the TW concept art shows Militants in casual clothing with Nod insignia on their shirts.

we have GDI troopers from the TS era who hang out with a C&C3 Engineer

KW......

and if I'm not mistaken (which I could be) the Black Hand elite was organized into the "flamethrower department" over in the middle of the 3rd war.

I think Nmenth uses Ren1 BlackHanders. Still, Tiberium Wars-style flamethrowers were employed in 2034, after Firestorm (during KW to be exact), so there are no canon-breaking unit combinations in Cartoon & Conquer.

I'm not worried about if something isn't canon. I'm just interested in finding out some more info about what motivated him to make the characters and settings as he did. :)

Also, if I recall correctly, the Renegade black hand were not the BH Elite, those were stealth troopers and laser equiped soldiers. Eh, I'm complicating things too much. Could be an oversight in the comic. But then again, we don't actually have any real intel on any strict BH Elite recruiting regulations right? So the flamers could have been in the Elites, it's just that I don't remember ever seeing them as part of it. Not directly at least.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

I personally dislike the flashy red HEY I'M A TARGET YOU CAN SEE FROM MILES AWAY uniforms...

• Upvote 1

This comic does not follow the games' time lines, I felt it was best to leave the time line ambiguous. I choose which character designs I like best or are easiest to do (as in, have good models available). The Nod characters were the first ones I created in the first episode, so I used Renegade for their models as you can examine all the characters within the game in a 3 dimensional space, rotating them to see any area wished.

These are the sources I used for all the reoccurring characters:

Nod Infantry, Rocket Soldier, and Flamethrower are Renegade.

GDI Infantry and Disk Thrower are Tiberian Sun.

GDI Engineer is Tiberium Wars.

Conscript is Red Alert 3.

Flak Trooper, Tesla Trooper, and Desolator are Red Alert 2.

Soviet General is Red Alert 1.

GI, Sniper, and the Sergeant are Red Alert 2.

Guardian GI is Yuri's Revenge.

As for the Black Hand, all Black Hand troops were referred to as elite in Renegade and carried various weapons, including at least (as I can remember them) Laser Rifles, Laser Chainguns, Sniper Rifles, and Shotguns. They probably used several other weapons as well, but I'd have to play the game again to confirm.

The use of flamethrowers became standard in Tiberium Wars, but I'm sure the Black Hand would happily use any and all weaponry available.

Yes, I'm for team visceroid. :D