Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

The New Command & Conquer Will Not Be "Pay to Win"

Fans are still concerned that you will need to pay money to have any success in the new Command & Conquer. While what you will pay for has yet to be determined, the new Command & Conquer is still very much a free to play game but it will not be "Pay to Win", this was confirmed via the Official C&C Twitter page earlier today.

As we get closer to the release, and maybe even during the beta phase, we might learn more what content will be charged for. Click here for the original post.

They can keep claiming it won't be p2w, but that isn't going to stop people from doubting them. Until they finish the game and establish their monetization system, there is no evidence or reason for anyone to believe them beyond their promises, which frankly, carry little weight.

Nevertheless, I encourage them to keep making these promises, and I encourage the non-believers to keep forcing them to make these promises by refusing to trust them without proof. Hopefully they will end up keeping their word, if for nothing else, out of shame.

Let's hope Victory Games isn't developing similar to what Valve did to Dota2 and Alien Swarm.

So they want to not do it - didn't EALA also want to patch, like, all previous games a lot more than they did? There's a long tradition of wanting for C&C, so excuse me for wanting hard evidence instead of declarations of intent.

• Upvote 1

Let's hope Victory Games isn't developing similar to what Valve did to Dota2 and Alien Swarm.

Alien Swarm is not a F2P game.. Besides, how should Valve have gone with Dota 2?. Paid characters?.

I'm still in reservation as to how they can pull this F2P game off..