Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

What mobile device do you currently use?

Mobile Device  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What mobile device do you currently use?

• Cell Phone
    • Smartphone
    • Tablet
    • Audio/Video Player
    • Other (please specify)
    • Two or more devices (please specify)
    • I don't use a mobile device

This poll excludes laptop PCs and tablet/laptop hybrids. As for me for several years, I still use a prepaid cell phone and a mini MP3 player.

Just my cellphone. A pre-paid phone, its all need really.

SAMSUNG GT-3370b

JUvo4az.jpg

Sony Ericsson T360.

Picture001Small.jpg

(random internet picture)

Yes, it's ancient.

I love it, even though it's acting up and on the verge of death after so many years. I even patched it up one time with better parts from another one. People who type on their cell phones or tablets or whatvere tend to miss out on simple things that happen around them. I've seen lots of real life zombies with cell phones in the streets... I use a cell phone just so others can contact me and vice versa. Nothing more. Plus, it can survive being tossed out of a high building straight into pavement with minor scratches. Can your Iphones and whachamacallits do that? ^_^

Just my good old Sony Ericsson w100i, I'm one of those strange people who uses their phone for calling people and not really into texting. :o

I also have a tablet PC that sits in my car and leaches off random people's wifi around town. :o :o

I have a Lumia 810 for my smartphone needs. And yes, I finally have a smartphone. I replaced that dinosaur of a flip phone I was using before. And yes, that is a Windows Phone. I don't follow this trendy Android or iOS nonsense.

Tmo3.jpg

And for music on the go, I have a Zune 30GB. I don't do much with it except for music, but it runs really well for that.

1Picture%20146.jpg

Nokia C1-01

nokia-c1-01.jpg

Has everything I need.

Nokia N8-00 with cracked Symbian (after Nokia discontinued support)

4294_1.jpg

A Samsung C3300K Champ (http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_c3300k_champ-3346.php).. My HTC Touch Diamond (WinMo 6.1) gave up a few months ago and used it as my primary phone in conjunction with the Champ being secondary..

I've been eying a Nokia Lumia even before my HTC gave up and I probably can get one this August or hopefully earlier.. A Lumia 7xx or lower is what I'll mostly be getting, unless my provider has an offer that is too good too resist..

Guest Stevie_K

nokia-6303-classic.jpg

I use it for two reasons: It does what it was designed to do very well and it's battery is amazing. One charge per week even though I use it quite often.

I like smartphones for playing games and taking photos/videos, but I find most smartphones horrible at being phones.

Why is it when I see a mobile phone with actual real keypads they look kind of retro? More partial to the touch screen keypads now.

I have an xperia play running rooted ICS. Used to have a dell venue (Gorgeous phone btw) but I broke its screen. Searching hard for a screen replacement without success :(.

@Sonic

I'll tell you even more - i am so used to tapping on the screen, that i forgot how to unlock normal phone with keypad... yeah really shame xD

My father had Samsung Galaxy, but it lasted for few weeks. One day it fell down from windowsill and the screen spilled off. Crappy device didn't survived gravity and own weight.

You're not supposed to drop electronic devices.

My prehistoric cellphone says otherwise. ;)

You're not supposed to drop electronic devices.

True.

4aa.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and will probably trade that up to a Sony Xperia Z in the near future. Then I'll move on to a Samsung Galaxy S4 when that comes out... I love being on contract. Always at the peak of the best. ;)

@Sonic, jeez man get with the times that Samsung with custom OS was so bad....

@Plokite_Wolf, So True the Nokia was the bomb, it still to this day will keep going.

anyway for me i have the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a which is still going strong for a almost 4year old android phone. but will update it this year with the Sony Xperia ZL because that phone is just as badass. easiest way to describe these phone is if you threw this phone at someone it would brake them not the phone. :D my X10a had fallen from 2 stories up onto concrete and all it did was put a little ding on the top coner of the screen no crack nothing.

@Saracen good to see we have the same mind on the phone but i am never a fan of the Samsung Galaxy range, mainly because when i set up the last 3 Samdung product at work it had to go through so many screens before i could load the d*m Google account. and by that time i had just had enough and walked away from it i was so mad i would think you dont need 7 different account before you have to set up Google acc.and there Camera it was mental how many steps it took, i call our rep and he agreed it was a long way to go just to set it up, or use the thing.

@Sonic, jeez man get with the times that Samsung with custom OS was so bad....

Works fine for me, never had a problem with it. I see no point in spending a fortune on a phone packed with features I'll never use. My current phone is full of crap I will never need. I use mine sparingly anyway. I send only a 3-5 text messages per week, sometimes none, the odd voice call here and there when necessary.

yeah i agree with you there i am the same only a few txt a week and all i use it is for calls but sometimes i dont even use my phone. but still happy with the money i spent on it.

I'm using this.

sony-ericsson-xperia-neo-v-2.jpg

Edited by Louis EX

Guest Rabbit

Yikes. Long time no see, man. How have you been?

Anyway, I'm using this bad boy. It's a piece of crap, but it makes phone calls and sends text messages. Good enough for me.

nNXYT9t.jpg

It's a Samsung Montage, on the Virgin Mobile network.

A HTC Desire Z

phone.png

The keyboard is nice for many emulators including DOSbox as shown here.

Gives me something to do while waiting for things. :)

Edited by Tore

yeah i agree with you there i am the same only a few txt a week and all i use it is for calls but sometimes i dont even use my phone. but still happy with the money i spent on it.

I find myself at the polar opposite end. As you know I'm very excited for the OUYA and have become somewhat an unofficial ambassador on their Facebook page by answering any query I can. So Android gaming has taken a precedence for me of late. Where I wouldn't normally play games, I am... Where I wouldn't pay for any sort of title on there, I am. It's been quite a paradigm shift in regards to my gaming habits. So where my PS3 was once used with enthusiasm, it's now gathering copious amounts of dust. Nowadays it's PC and Android gaming all the way, and often a regular interfacing between the two.