Sign in to follow this  
Guest sam

tibed 2 ra2

Guest sam

is there going to be red alert 2 editing on tibed2?

Well... I could change that into a 'maybe'. Technically it is possible to edit RA2 with TibEd 2 (the INI parser is in, just not finished/tested); however someone would have to rebuild all the datafiles - which is a lot of work.

The primary issue for TibEd 2 editing RA2 is mod deployment: for Generals, I created Generals Mod Selector, for TibEd 1.6 RA2 TibEd itself handles deployment (which is bad). So maybe TibEd 2 RA2 could export XCC Mod Creator compatible files... just a thought.

It's all a matter of having time, and right now there are more pressing issues (put adding back into TibEd 2 (beta 2), replace the property editor so it's on the same level as TibEd 1.x (could be beta 3?)). After that it's probably Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth release, so support for that could be beta 4...

RA2 support isn't a pressing issue, because redoing it in TibEd 2 right now would not make a better editor than TibEd 1.6 - TibEd 2 isn't mature enough for that yet.

why dont you just make a small patch for tibed 1.6 to mke it export xcc mod packages?

Hmmm... well first of all it wouldn't be a small package. And second, then there still wouldn't be AI.ini editing in there.

I really don't know what to do at the moment.