Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Joe Bostic's AmA on Reddit on Thursday

Petroglyph's co-founder and creative director, Joe Bostic, will have an AmA on Reddit on Thursday at 10 AM PST/6 PM GMT on the beginnings of the RTS genre. This is your chance to ask him anything related to Dune and C&C games!

9zMSQd8.jpg

More information will likely be released in the original thread on the Petroglyph Studios' official forums.

UPDATE: You can see the AmA by clicking here.

It's actually tomorrow. Thursday. Well.. depends on your timezone, so yea, since this is a NZ website, maybe correct for some people here. =)

Edited by recover

I seem to be confusing more things than I should lately... -_- Fixed now.

There probably a heap of people who have no idea who Joe Bostic is anyway.

It's actually tomorrow. Thursday. Well.. depends on your timezone, so yea, since this is a NZ website, maybe correct for some people here. =)

For the record. CNCNZ.com is not an NZ site. I've mentioned this many times for many years now. We are an international site. Always remember that ;)

There probably a heap of people who have no idea who Joe Bostic is anyway.

Former Westwood employee, Petroglyph Studios co-founder and creative director. That's more than enough :P

Ah Joe Bostic, a man you see often during the credits of Westwood games. :)

Such as this from the manual of C&C95

joebostic.png

I knew this question would come up.....

Why did Westwood sell to EA? They kinda killed the Red Alert series. :/

Westwood was owned by Virgin Interactive, then sold to the Viacom/Blockbuster/Spelling conglomerate, and then finally sold to Electronic Arts. With each of these sales, it wasn't something that Westwood really had any control over. For the most part, the ownership change didn't have a day-to-day impact on the studio. The big impact was when EA decided to consolidate their studios to LA which resulted in the Westwood office closing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19epje/i_am_joe_bostic_22_year_game_developer_11_years/c8nd7kh

I hope people realise that EA didn't just come in and take over.