Sign in to follow this  
Mark_The_Mudokon

Tiberium Wars in comparison with other C&C games?

I'm really not sure what to make of Tiberium Wars since playing it before years ago? Back then I didn't really like it as maybe because I'm not really used to the 3D EA C&C games but as time has gone by, it's definintely better than C&C4 and Red Alert 3, but does it fit along with the classic C&C games made by Westwood Studios? In other words, is C&C3 actually a good game worth trying out again?

Edited by Mark_The_Mudokon

Tiberium Wars has always been a good game, RA3 as well in its own way. The vanilla TW brilliantly inherits the TS legacy, and although the atmosphere isn't on the same level, expect much better balance than what Westwood botched up in Firestorm. KW should be looked at more like a story filler and a good MP expansion. I've played all C&C games released so far and I say: it's a great title.

Despite the cancellation of Westwood version of C&C 3 i have to said this game is still nostalgia.

The major dissapointment is just Nod start using mech and the discontinuity of Walkers in GDI Arsenal

but no problem, TIberium Essence fix it all =)

Walkers,Cyborgs and Hi-Tech infantry atmosphere are all what I care about

Despite the cancellation of Westwood version of C&C 3

Which was never even remotely finished...

The major dissapointment is just Nod start using mech

?????

and the discontinuity of Walkers in GDI Arsenal

g_juggernaut.jpgg_behemoth.jpgg_titan.jpgg_wolvernine.jpg

You were saying...?

Which was never even remotely finished...

?????

g_juggernaut.jpgg_behemoth.jpgg_titan.jpgg_wolvernine.jpg

You were saying...?

Nod is suppose to be stealthly and heavily tiberium Based Technology and using hit and run tactical and tunnel network ability. Using Mech is not Nod Syle in my opinion.

CABAL Faction is the best suited for using mech like Avatar or Redeemer (which is i always dreaming playing this nonexistence faction. And I hope someone creating the mods about the cabal faction just like the forgotten one).

And don't get me started about the new Nod Computer called LEGION, unless they decide to tell the story what happened to CABAL. CABAL is not stupid enough being shutdown or destroyed so easily

The only mech that i saw if i follow the storyline of TW III is just Juggernaut. Besides if you follow Kane's Wrath The steel Talon's Mech Discontinued as well after being attack by LEGION (Unless I'm wrong).

the second Issue, The Titan MK II and Wolverine MK II the models...I never like it, Too much Mech Warrior-esque.

yeah with this kind of messed up storyline it's still Impossible to give a rooms about the CABAL one, unless Victory Game Reboot the Tiberian Series started from TIberian Sun perspectives and ignore all TW3 Storyline which is is violating the laws.

And oh yeah SOmething that absolutely missing from Tiberian Catasthrope (I just call this name instead Tiberium Wars which is actually Parody of TIberian Dawn) is the missing of All tiberian lifeforms. I think you already read the scrapped Idea from Petroglyphs employer that 'the red zones' (which is never be called that originally) is actually the zone where all new Tiberian Lifeforms lives and the ecosystem changing much that's why even GDI and Nod Never dare to touch that area.

It's nice if EA Version still brought this Idea about The Tiberian Lifeform still lurking there. Imagine the difficulty will be double If GDI and Nod actually enter that Zone mainly for fighting the Scrin

but yeah Rice already become a Porridge, EA just abandoned everything with 'Fast Fluid and Fun' D=........

I love Tiberian Series because the Story and the eerie atmosphere (Tiberian lifeform is beautiful concept and gave me shivers everytime especially Floater)

Now i just rely on Modders to Bring this game into Full Nostalgia.

Or someone create a ChronoSphere to send me (or someone which strong influence) back to time where I can send a warning video about EA to the Westwood which sadly The 'Me' or someone ifrom Alternate Universe who can actually enjoyed the C&C game from that World =P

Just Imagine That in that Alternate World, Petroglyph never Exist, Westwood still stand until now and never ever Joined EA....the story starts....

sorry for my Messed up english

Edited by Autobahn27
  • Downvote 1

I believe Westwood sold their souls to EA due to money issues (the lack there of), so alternate universe Westwood may have just closed their own doors.

• Upvote 1

I believe Westwood sold their souls to EA due to money issues (the lack there of), so alternate universe Westwood may have just closed their own doors.

sigh...i just Hoping for The Release of Tiberian Incursion or something different where EA never involved with RA2 Storyline which caused them had a bad blood.....

Tiberian incursion is Made because of Messed up storyline of RA2. I just wonder what happened if RA2 Never ever exist........

well anyway that's it!!! Just keep moving. I just hope Victory game also had the involvement with Tiberian Series.

That's the only reason why i like C&C. RA2 and Generals are good, but Tiberian Series that made me still replay the C&C title games.

And don't get me started about the new Nod Computer called LEGION, unless they decide to tell the story what happened to CABAL. CABAL is not stupid enough being shutdown or destroyed so easily

Butthurt much? Your precious Westwood told the story on CABAL, it was destroyed by the temporary alliance of GDI and Nod. That's it. It's a surprise they put an AI on spotlight for that long.

The only mech that i saw if i follow the storyline of TW III is just Juggernaut.

??

Besides if you follow Kane's Wrath The steel Talon's Mech Discontinued as well after being attack by LEGION (Unless I'm wrong).

Nope. Although they were still not the most widespread GDI division, they remained (lore-wise) until the very beginning of C&C 4.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Talons

the second Issue, The Titan MK II and Wolverine MK II the models...I never like it, Too much Mech Warrior-esque.

Bow to the mech-related game masters.

unless Victory Game Reboot the Tiberian Series started from TIberian Sun perspectives

And create an even bigger mess?

and ignore all TW3 Storyline which is is violating the laws.

?????????

Tiberian Catasthrope (I just call this name instead Tiberium Wars which is actually Parody of TIberian Dawn)

Butthurt no. 2?

is the missing of All tiberian lifeforms. I think you already read the scrapped Idea from Petroglyphs employer that 'the red zones' (which is never be called that originally) is actually the zone where all new Tiberian Lifeforms lives and the ecosystem changing much that's why even GDI and Nod Never dare to touch that area.

It's nice if EA Version still brought this Idea about The Tiberian Lifeform still lurking there. Imagine the difficulty will be double If GDI and Nod actually enter that Zone mainly for fighting the Scrin

Actually, there were Visceroids that would be created when a unit dies from a Corruptor's attack (but, as I hear, that was cut in one of the patches and Visceroids can only be placed in the Worldbuilder). The all-lifeform argument is still valid, though.

Just Imagine That in that Alternate World, Petroglyph never Exist, Westwood still stand until now and never ever Joined EA....the story starts....

We wouldn't have half the fun the real C&C 3 gave us.

^This.

Tiberian incursion is Made because of Messed up storyline of RA2. I just wonder what happened if RA2 Never ever exist........

Wrong. The Tiberium universe was intended to have three titles (not counting expansions) in the original draft. RA2 only affected certain decisions in the storyline.

Butthurt much? Your precious Westwood told the story on CABAL, it was destroyed by the temporary alliance of GDI and Nod. That's it. It's a surprise they put an AI on spotlight for that long.

??

Nope. Although they were still not the most widespread GDI division, they remained (lore-wise) until the very beginning of C&C 4.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Talons

Bow to the mech-related game masters.

And create an even bigger mess?

?????????

Butthurt no. 2?

Actually, there were Visceroids that would be created when a unit dies from a Corruptor's attack (but, as I hear, that was cut in one of the patches and Visceroids can only be placed in the Worldbuilder). The all-lifeform argument is still valid, though.

We wouldn't have half the fun the real C&C 3 gave us.

^This.

Wrong. The Tiberium universe was intended to have three titles (not counting expansions) in the original draft. RA2 only affected certain decisions in the storyline.

1. Do you think CABAL is just end like that in FS? Or you are talking about temporal Alliance (Again) in TibIncursion??? And I saw so many concept art focusing on mechanical which is from CABAL. And there is no way Westwood abandoned that Faction Idea.

2. well I like MW. but yeah maybe just the TW3 Personal's taste of developers.

3. I Never saw Victory games before. But Might be worth to give it a chance. ANd if they made a bigger mess, I just stick to TW3 and Kane's Wrath

4. Butthurt, yeah maybe. i just want to thinking TW3 with Tiberian Name's Because all Tiberian universe C&C rts game using 'TIberian' instead Tiberium. Simple

5. Well it will create A different fun, whenever it will become big or worse we will never experience it because, it's just 'Us' in the alternate universe who will experience it.

6. What do you think from that 3 Draft that Westwood will follow if they stood still ? I don't know if you are a realist person or not, i just want your opinion.

Maybe this is not related to the topic, but

1. IS there already a thread in Red Alert forum when they talk about Einstein?

2. Should i go to the Mods Room Thread about telling a suggestions?

3. How did you manage to separate and answer one by one instead just like i write now? is it a secret or you can teach me?

4. Why i cannot use the 'USe Full Editor'? when i click there is nothing, not even my recent post

Edited by Autobahn27

1. IS there already a thread in Red Alert forum when they talk about Einstein?

2. Should i go to the Mods Room Thread about telling a suggestions?

3. How did you manage to separate and answer one by one instead just like i write now? is it a secret or you can teach me?

4. Why i cannot use the 'USe Full Editor'? when i click there is nothing, not even my recent post

1. Probably not a recent one. It'd be better to start a new thread rather than drag one back to the surface from 2007.

2. Only if it's suggestions for a mod.

3. It's just multiple quote boxes.

4. Sounds like an issue on your end. You can seek help on that in the Site / Forum News & Discussion or Hardware Discussion & Tech Support forums.

2. If it's about mods, it goes in the modding forums.

2. If it's about mods, it goes in the modding forums.

Ya I already knoiw that, but what i want to ask is

Can i Just creating a new Suggesting Mods thread only in that Mods forum??

Besides i don't have any skil lto create such a mods.

Or

is suggesting mods threads already exist on Mod forum?

Edited by Autobahn27

You can make any suggestions you want, but the odds are extremely low that any modders will actually pay attention here. You'd have better luck getting your message across if you went to specific mod's site/forum/moddb and made your case directly to them. Even then, unless you have an extraordinarily good idea, it will be very difficult to convince anyone.

There is a reason for this, mods are the results of their designers' own creativity and imagination. Their creativity would not be getting expressed anytime they listened to someone else's creativity. You really need to be an actual member of a modding team before you can expect your suggestions to be taken seriously.

1. Do you think CABAL is just end like that in FS?

It's canon, man. Deal with it.

Also, some remains of CABAL's memory were merged with Kane as seen in the final Nod cutscene in Firestorm, and later with LEGION in Kane's Wrath.

Or you are talking about temporal Alliance (Again) in TibIncursion???

I'm not familiar with the alliance stretching that far. In FS, it was clear that the very moment of CABAL's destruction meant the end of the alliance.

4. Butthurt, yeah maybe. i just want to thinking TW3 with Tiberian Name's Because all Tiberian universe C&C rts game using 'TIberian' instead Tiberium. Simple

Not this **** again...

Tiberium = noun

Tiberian = adjective

"Tiberium Wars" is, from a grammar perspective, correct. Try saying "Oil War", "Gold War" etc. and you'll see it's better than "Golden War" etc. As in, the war is fought over Tiberium, not by it.

5. Well it will create A different fun, whenever it will become big or worse we will never experience it because, it's just 'Us' in the alternate universe who will experience it.

The meaning of this statement is....?

6. What do you think from that 3 Draft that Westwood will follow if they stood still ?

When looking at the concept art we have publicly available (see CnC-Source.com), I don't recognize many of the units as Command & Conquer units. There're too many clichés from the 90s/early-00s sci-fi moives and games, so the most things I see from that collection has lost that C&C identity in it. Nota bene, EALA did recycle some of those concepts in Tiberium Wars (GDI/Nod Power plants, civilian vehicles, civilian architecture, Nod fanatics...).

However, they may have had a more suitable idea for the Scrin, giving them a humanoid shape instead of a Zerg insectoid one, giving possibility to more Scrin characters other than an Overlord and an Overseer to actually possess a certain degree of intelligence.

Westwood was never good at storylines, as it would turn out to be a shallow filler between missions that, by themselves, were almost always interesting (more so than the cutscenes for the most part). Just look at Tiberian Dawn. "Woo, we're GDI and we think Nod are nothing but terrorists, now let's kill them!" And Nod's like "Woo, let's kill people for no damn reason and make a staging ground in a place that should already be war-torn as it is!" Westwood also made the original Generals (but not the expansion, which turned out to revive some ideas they had but had to cut to save time) and they've made something that's even worse than C&C 4.

I don't know if you are a realist person or not

I should ask you the same thing.

I used code view (the first button to the upper left of the editor's taskbar). Here you can see where one quote ends and the other begins. However, it is advised that you switch back to normal view once you're done writing in code view to see how it will look, as it's often bugged.

Not this **** again...

Tiberium = noun

Tiberian = adjective

"Tiberium Wars" is, from a grammar perspective, correct. Try saying "Oil War", "Gold War" etc. and you'll see it's better than "Golden War" etc. As in, the war is fought over Tiberium, not by it.

2. The meaning of this statement is....?

3. worse than C&C 4.

4. I should ask you the same thing.

1. It's just my personal taste, no need to fuss over. Besides i just follow the Example title from Westwood. Because i think Westwood create title with meaning instead just 'fough over it' unless Westwood trolling by saying just for 'looking cool title'

Just look at TIberian Sun, Because the Tiberian Lifeform is actually rising just like Sunrise. Veinhole Monster, VIsceroid, Tiberian Fiend, Tiberian Fauna, genesis pit and The Forgotten.

That's why i called the TW myself as Tiberian Incursion/Invasion because the Real 'Tiberian' A.K.A the Scrin invade the Earth (Thanks to Kane).

And Like i said before Rice already become Porridge, I just rename the title of TW become my own 'tiberian' in my own PC, so why the heck should i rant it over the Internet.

2. The meaning, that we will never experience it to play TIberian Incursion and will enver be, only my delusion to keep playing this TW.

3. Worse than C&C 4??/ are you talking with this new C&C or Zero Hour or another or Red Alert 3? or...UAW???

4. Well I'm not Realist. I just keep thinking about if Tiberium Wars is Westwood version when playing this game. =P

d I'm still playing until now waiting any kind of Mods (especially tiebrium Essence) just for nostalgia of Tiberian Sun in 3D Graphics

By the way thank you for the code view.

Edited by Autobahn27

1. It's just my personal taste, no need to fuss over.

Well, I've seen tons of such remarks throughout the Internet and it pisses me off.

3. Worse than C&C 4??/ are you talking with this new C&C or Zero Hour or another or Red Alert 3? or...UAW???

I'm talking about the original Generals and Zero Hour, of course. At least C&C 4 has a storyline. An extremely bad one, but still a storyline. The RA3 campaign was lacking, I admit, but was still fun. And I seriously don't know why people loathe UaW so much.

I'm talking about the original Generals and Zero Hour, of course. At least C&C 4 has a storyline. An extremely bad one, but still a storyline.

Wait, you're saying Generals is worse than C&C4?? :no:

And saying at least C&C4 has an extremely bad storyline is nonsensical. Generals had a storyline too, it was neglected, unpolished, and hardly relevant, but it existed. That existance is better than C&C4's storyline, which would be better if it didn't exist.

Well, I've seen tons of such remarks throughout the Internet and it pisses me off.
I'm talking about the original Generals and Zero Hour, of course. At least C&C 4 has a storyline. An extremely bad one, but still a storyline. The RA3 campaign was lacking, I admit, but was still fun. And I seriously don't know why people loathe UaW so much.

Well, I'm not really bashing to EA for giving such a name.

I'm not loathe UAW. LAst time I played that game, i didn't understand anything, but now I want to play UAW again to understand it better.

And saying at least C&C4 has an extremely bad storyline is nonsensical. Generals had a storyline too, it was neglected, unpolished, and hardly relevant, but it existed. That existance is better than C&C4's storyline, which would be better if it didn't exist.

Are you Sarcasming C&C 4??

if yes

I said C&C 4 is failed To bring a proper storyline. ANd poorly presentating. A bad way to closeTiebrium SAGA THe gameplay also dissapoint me very much.

For General Maybe I agree when the units are all based on Real life, which gave some players feeling just like real worlds, but I didn't like the storyline, too much reflect on original worlds and a bit of Propaganda.

For Red Alert Series

Red Alert

Although i only play a little bit i just simply like it

Red ALert 2

The gameplay itself is satisfied me much, And the storyline about Yuri always gave me shivers. Imagine if someone Remake this game into TIberian Universe.....

And Red Alert 3

well i like the gameplay, but the storyline about VS USSR and the new Rising SUre, it's sure will be getting old (Since USSR already become a history). Good for nostalgia.
But putting too much Female Characters with Blatant obvious Millitary cosplay....I'm not sure if they serious or Trolling

Tiberian Sun and Firestorm

Gloomy, gave me shivers everytime especially genesis pit. I kept imagine if the genesis pit widespreading in Tiberium Wars (Because maybe that was Red Zone supposed to be)

Edited by Autobahn27

Are you Sarcasming C&C 4??

I meant exactly what I said. C&C4 would have been better had it been non-canon with no storyline at all.

YES (campaign-wise)! The original Generals had your EVA tell you only what your objectives are. In ZH, you got ****ING TV REPORTERS telling the "story" of American forces marching on "terrorist" Arabs and "commie" Chinese guys, with the other two also fighting each other, without a damn point. No background, no purpose, no intelligence, no... nothing. A three-year old could make up something better than that (proven in 2010).

Simply put - Tiberium Wars and KW are the best C&C to date, period. Reasons - a combination of good graphics, engine, story, moddability (although not as easy) looks, balance. It is also the last serious work by EA and the last serious classic single and multiplayer C&C game by EA.

• Upvote 1