Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Media Reaction to Command & Conquer - Free to Play

Some news from the Official C&C Site, and our Official C&C Site News sub-forum. EA_CIRE has posted a summary of the media previews from all of the gaming sites they invited to experience what the new Command & Conquer is all about. Judging by their reactions, the gaming press at this event came away with the same positive outlook as we did when we were there last December for the C&C Community Summit.

NXd5ZiG.jpg

“Command & Conquer looks fantastic.” – Polygon
“I’m excited. They’re on the right track.” – PCGamer
“…the old C&C pace is back…” – Eurogamer
“Anyone who has played the old C&C strategy games will feel right at home.” – GamesRadar
“Command & Conquer is back.” – GameStar

Missed any of the previews? Here's a quick list....

They all cover the same information and include similar video and screenshots.

It does seem a little bit more hopeful but at best I am still cautiously optimistic and the lack of proper SP content is a real draw back to me. More than any of that the biggest worry that came to we was the inevitable always on DRM thats going to be in this (being a live service). As with Diablo 3 and the very recent SimCity I am worried. This IGN article is worth reading.

Lets see how EA handle the launch before we get into if the game is any good.

How can these "professional" game reviewers say it looks amazing even if we have only seen some seconds of alpha gameplay? We really know nothing about more important things like different units, factions, maps, balance etc. And maybe the most important thing: how the F2P model works in this game...

Guest Stevie_K

How can these "professional" game reviewers say it looks amazing even if we have only seen some seconds of alpha gameplay?

How? As you said they have only seen some seconds of alpha gameplay. They are most likely referring to that don't you think?

The question stays. Unless they've secretly seen the full alpha version.

The release of recent games being subpar to atrocious after all these fancy reviewers said they were awesome has left people feeling a little... Cautious.