Sign in to follow this  
FunkyFr3sh

New pre-cncnet5 Red Alert 1 Online Lobby

To play in the new game lobby (Red Alert 1/Tiberian Dawn) download the following file and copy it into your game folder: cncnet5.exe (it will -NOT- modify any of your existing files and the old online lobby will keep working too)

If you don't have the game installed yet or you don't know where you installed it then please download one of the full game 1-click installers:

ra.png

td.png

Windows XP users need to have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1639

Linux/Mac users need to have Winetricks dotnet20 installed http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3754

Mono is NOT supported at the moment!

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

Wow a Ready Button, finally the hoster cant start a game without the permission of the Joiners. In Red Alert mostly the Host starts the game instantly without asking anyone if they are happy with the game settings.

Suggestions: The AI Difficultys should not be named 1, 2, 3 it should be Easy, Normal, Hard and the colours should be actually visible colours like in Red Alert.

cool thanks, i just changed difficulties to Easy, Normal, Hard :)

I will take care of the color thing later cause i gotta redesign the userlist and stuff when the map preview and the option to choose starting locations will be added

Does this require port forwarding to work properly?

Nope.

1vs1 works fine without the need to open ports, but for each player added the chance is getting lower that the game will start with closed ports. But its possible to change the port in the config :) Hifi wanted to create a dedicated server that allows playing bigger games with closed ports too (like cncnet4)

I've never bothered with RA1 online because of port forwarding and the fact I share a shoddy old router with a flat of people so I CBA messing it up for one game. IIRC someone mentioned the new CnCNet won't require port forwarding to work (i.e. minimal fuss).

for each player added the chance is getting lower that the game will start with closed ports.

So what does this mean?

yes, there is no need to forward ports with cncnet4 cause it already got a dedicated server that tunnels all data incase your port is closed :)

the new ra lobby doesnt have such a server yet, which means it might fail to connect with more than 2 players :)

New player list has been added :)

(using custom colors)

post-8819-0-61806200-1364760100_thumb.png

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

Updates:

Iran added support for the cncnet5 spawner to his patch which made pre game alliances and choosing starting locations working

hifi created some tool to create map previews, 353 map previews are now included and working

ehy had some cool design ideas for the UI (red borders, new font, new layout)

post-8819-0-90879600-1366468136_thumb.png

This is ****ing awesome; no more joining rooms only to have the host click the button and start another 1v1 Russia vs Russia "Tank Rush" on A ****ing Path Beyond.

One thing though; does the AI Difficulty option really do anything? Everything else is fine, but I've tested every skill and each time the AI had much faster and stronger units than I had (like playing a Skirmish on Hard), which seems a bit broken.

You can test it, modify spawn.xdp with a text editor and change the GroundSpeed value under [Easy] (ctrl+f "[Easy]"), to something real high then start a game and see if AI units move real fast when NOT playing under hard difficulty. If they move really fast there's something wrong.

Funky will try testing this issue this way once he has some time, he's been really busy and we just tested some spawn location issues he'll have to resolve with a bit of math and testing.

Edited by Iran

I changed GroundSpeed to 4.2 under [Easy], played on Easy, and...

...all the AI tanks zipped across the map and blasted my stuff into next week before I even had time to react!

EDIT:

Same result on Hard; it apparently ignores its own bracket and uses the settings as defined in Easy. Normal works as expected though.

Edited by EchoLocation

No problem. I often fiddle with the settings to see if I can make the AI less retarded at times (not always successful in this regard!), and also enjoy the occasional mindless 50-unit comp-stomp. Imagine my surprise when the supposedly 'Easy' AI was making scrap metal out of my stuff in return for few losses!

Update:

It now also supports sounds, create a folder named "RA1O-Sounds" and place any of the following files inside of it:

Login.wav - Plays when the login button was clicked

Typing.wav - Plays when typing

Join.wav - Plays when someone joins the game lobby

Enter.wav - Plays when Enter key is pressed and the message has been send

Game.wav - Plays when someone forms a new game

Chat.wav - Plays on incoming chat messages

Part.wav - Plays when someone leaves the room

Kick.wav - Plays when someone got kicked

Button.wav - Plays when a button has been clicked

Disconnected.wav - Plays when the connection has been lost

Connected.wav - Plays when the connection is up

Error.wav - Plays when an error occurred

-

Full addons:

Tunngle sounds -> http://www.speedyshare.com/pZEwX/RA1O-Sounds-tunngle.zip

Red Alert 1 sounds (made by EchoLocation) -> http://www.speedyshare.com/Nksdr/RA1O-Sounds.zip

it now also supports custom rules.ini/mods :) use your modded rules.ini and rename it to spawn.xdp or just modifiy spawn.xdp

Make sure everyone got the same rules.ini file, else you cant play in the same game!

Ok, i just added support for custom languages :) All strings will now be read from external files.. if someone likes to translate the client please download the attached files

English and German are already complete!

post-8819-0-70501500-1367493289_thumb.png

ra1client-strings.zip

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

its all options from irans patch :) They are not working yet tho, i only prepared the client for it

post-8819-0-31572100-1367503422_thumb.png

Sexy. I have just one question - will the options have mouseover tool tips? (a small popup box explaining the option)

Regarding translations; I have a French translation which is pretty much finished (just going over things to make sure everything is 'in context', so to speak), and I might be able to get a Swedish translation done within a few days. Possibly even a Norwegian one with that.

And further, I *might* (don't hold your breath!) be able to get Finnish, Hungarian and Dutch translations at some point within a week or two.

(Christ alive, do I really waste this much time on the internet? Are these languages even needed?)

Sexy. I have just one question - will the options have mouseover tool tips? (a small popup box explaining the option)

Yes, i already added tooltips some days ago :D

Regarding translations; I have a French translation which is pretty much finished (just going over things to make sure everything is 'in context', so to speak), and I might be able to get a Swedish translation done within a few days. Possibly even a Norwegian one with that.

And further, I *might* (don't hold your breath!) be able to get Finnish, Hungarian and Dutch translations at some point within a week or two.

(Christ alive, do I really waste this much time on the internet? Are these languages even needed?)

Wow that sounds nice, french will be very cool :D The other ones would be nice as well, dont mind doing finnish cause ehy was already doing that today :D

Hello
If you are interested i am sending you polish translation :)

ra1client-strings.zip

Edited by Traymen