Sign in to follow this  
Moret

How to play Red Alert 2 online with Hamachi. FULL GUIDE

1. In order to play Red Alert 2 online you must have game version 1.006. You can find it in game main menu:
post-9759-0-68078200-1366115684_thumb.png

If you game version is different to this one then you need download our game version:

Red Alert 2 ver. 1.006

2. Also You will need wsock32.dll. Here is the link of it to download:
UDP protocol (wsock32.dll)
After you download this file you have to paste it in the game folder as shown in the picture below:

post-9759-0-11641000-1366115888_thumb.png

3. Download Hamachi and install in your computer.
Your user name must have the tag of your country, an example of a player [EN] or the player [RU]
After Download install and run it. once you run it make a request to join to the network.
Network Name: ra2.ru
Password: no pass
Join network.

post-9759-0-27334100-1366115951_thumb.jpeg

Setting up Hamachi for Win XP:
4. Start - Control Panel - Network connections
5. Make a click on Advanced then Advanced Settings

post-9759-0-80719900-1366115979_thumb.jpeg

and you will get a box like this

post-9759-0-22999700-1366116008_thumb.png

All you have to do is select Hamachi and move it to the first spot. Just like i did in the Picture above and press Ok.
6. Click Start, click Run, whrite: ncpa.cpl , click OK. Right - Click on Hamachi properties, click on internet protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4)[ to some its only Internet protocol (TCP/IP), click Properties, click Advanced, down Automatic metric needs to be unchecked, if is not, uncheck it your self, and down at Interface metric whrite 4, click ok, ok, close.

post-9759-0-74131800-1366116057_thumb.jpg

Setting up hamachi for Win 7 & Vista.
7.Start- Control Panel- Network and Sharing Center- change adapter settings
Set the highest priority to adapter hamachi as shown in the picture below.

post-9759-0-73753600-1366116103_thumb.jpg

8. Follow these easy steps to set the interface metric in the hamachi adapter to "4".

post-9759-0-06794500-1366116158_thumb.jpg

9 Restart your PC.
If you have any problem feel free to consult one of our admins online.
- - -
For more help:
Skype - montesuma.montesuma

Edited by Moret

@Plokite, true since you created the topic before, but I like his version better because of the screenshots he provided.

Yeah, but "my" one (actually from the old LogMeIn Wiki page) has some info on what to do if something goes wrong in the Network Connections menu :P

Plokite_Wolf, why not take all of the things his guide includes which yours does not and add them to yours, then the combined more complete guide can be pinned in this forum.

(also provide him credit)

Problem in this guide:

1. Hamachi v1.0.1.5 do not work good and a generic error [5, 7, 7] , so our players use the latest wersion hamachi

http://community.logmein.com/t5/Hamachi/Hamachi-1-0-1-5-win7/td-p/84102

http://community.logmein.com/t5/Hamachi/Upcoming-Protocol-Changes/td-p/78963

2. And Win 7 and Vista dont have Protocol NWLink IPX , all play with UDP patch now.

1. Hamachi v1.0.1.5 do not work good and a generic error [5, 7, 7] , so our players use the latest wersion hamachi[/url]

I tend to avoid versions after 1.0.1.5 firstly because I had heard that versions 2.x.x.x aren't that compatible with games and, moreover, because the very latest releases significantly reduce the maximum number of network participants, which may cause issues when organizing larger network parties in other games as well.

2. And Win 7 and Vista dont have Protocol NWLink IPX , all play with UDP patch now.

Look again and you'll see that I had added not only the link to it, but I've also mirrored that patch to my Mediafire account (with about 450 hits in 5 months) because the original UnderStorm site is down.

Plokite_Wolf, why not take all of the things his guide includes which yours does not and add them to yours, then the combined more complete guide can be pinned in this forum.

(also provide him credit)

I could just add the Windows Vista/7 procedure, but the thing is that I've tested "my" (ex-LogMeInWiki's) tutorial with Zee Hypnotist a while back, with myself running on XP and him running on Vista. In fact, he didn't need many of the steps I'd provided him at all, and we played YR without any issues.

I tend to avoid versions after 1.0.1.5 firstly because I had heard that versions 2.x.x.x aren't that compatible with games and, moreover, because the very latest releases significantly reduce the maximum number of network participants, which may cause issues when organizing larger network parties in other games as well.Look again and you'll see that I had added not only the link to it, but I've also mirrored that patch to my Mediafire account (with about 450 hits in 5 months) because the original UnderStorm site is down.I could just add the Windows Vista/7 procedure, but the thing is that I've tested "my" (ex-LogMeInWiki's) tutorial with Zee Hypnotist a while back, with myself running on XP and him running on Vista. In fact, he didn't need many of the steps I'd provided him at all, and we played YR without any issues.

Now if you try to install version v1.0.1.5, then you will see that it does not work. You can not create any network or connect to a network or to connect to a server hamachi.

Your guide worked January, 2012, but Logmeyn company updated protocols July 2012 http://community.logmein.com/t5/Hamachi/Upcoming-Protocol-Changes/td-p/78963

now the oldest working version of the Windows-1.0.2.3

Regardless of how the old version, the maximum number of participants for the free networks - 5

I saw that you have added the patch UnderStorm , I just mean that NWLink IPX it is a very old protocol and it also needs some tweaking. For many years, playing through hamachi and tell you its a long time nobody uses. And I do not see any sense in it, except for the stories

Geez...

Just link those two guides to one complex. It is obvious that Hamachi becomes with every month too modern for old games, so new ideas to run them on this platform is necessary.

Personally, i really do appreciate, that there are still people, who shares their solutions - regardless to exisiting ones - with whole community.

So shake your hands and create an updated version of this guide :)

Tunngle tends to work better. I think GameRanger even supports Red Alert 2 and YR.

CNCNet supports RA2 now from what I recall. **** like this is pretty much getting to be completely unnecessary.

Yeah, but no one likes to be forced to using 4 programs for each game.

I think GameRanger even supports Red Alert 2 and YR.

A marvellous support at that!

CNCNet supports RA2 now from what I recall.

As of the next release, this will not be the case. Plus, the current CnCNet build requires the game to be run through a NoCD crack because the protection in the game executables is preventing CnCNet functionality for some reason.

Yeah, but no one likes to be forced to using 4 programs for each game.

You don't have to use all of them at the same time. It's merely options for people to use.

In addition to logmein hamachi,  you can also use tools like on premise R-HUB remote support servers, logmein etc. for remotely accessing computers and playing games, resolving technical issues etc. 

This thread is 6 years old.