Sign in to follow this  
Breathe-0ut

Zombies in Yuri's Revenge?

How do you think a Zombies game mode would work in Yuri's Revenge?

(My idea, Team vs. Computer/Player. Team is in control of humans and the one other player is in control of the Zombies. The teams can either work with each other or fight against each other. Com/Player in control of zombies and cannot be defeated what so ever. Maybe his buildings where he trains zombies is out of map or zombies are paradropped or chronoshifted.)

I think someone is working on something like this already. EVA-251 as I recall but it might have been a different implementation. Regardless, the whole idea can only be done through maps with a lot of scripts, which may not be a bad thing but you'll have to design all of your maps from scratch... or work on existing ones I guess.

I think someone is working on something like this already. EVA-251 as I recall but it might have been a different implementation. Regardless, the whole idea can only be done through maps with a lot of scripts, which may not be a bad thing but you'll have to design all of your maps from scratch... or work on existing ones I guess.

I know but how should it work out and everything? I'm already thinking of a bunch of other things to add to End Crisis v1.0 (Im adding zombies in 2.0 though he he)

How should it work out? That would be up to you to decide since it's your project in the end.

What if Player in control of the zombies made zombies through the Invisible light posts? That way the zombies would never end.

How should it work out? That would be up to you to decide since it's your project in the end.

I know, this was just for discussion.

Edited by Breathe-0ut

Any building that creates the zombies can be made invincible, so which building that should be is irrelevant as far as infinite zombie production is concerned. Technically, the building would probably not be doing anything anyway, as it would make more sense to add zombies via map triggers.

If you want the zombies to never end, are you talking about making this a time survival type match, where you will inevitably lose, but want to last as long as possible?

;;;Any building that creates the zombies can be made invincible, so which building that should be is irrelevant as far as infinite zombie production is concerned.

*Only it should look like they are comming out of no where, so an invisible light post would be a good choice.

[EDIT: Civilian buildings are a good idea too.]

;;;Technically, the building would probably not be doing anything anyway, as it would make more sense to add zombies via map triggers.

*I plan on doing this as well

;;;If you want the zombies to never end, are you talking about making this a time survival type match, where you will inevitably lose, but want to last as long as possible?

*Yes. I thought who gets more/most kills (it's a penis joke). I might think about time surivial though.

Edited by Breathe-0ut