Sign in to follow this  

No the C&C Retarded mod is specifically for C&C 3 only. And since you have Kane's Wrath you must have C&C 3 (which is required to play) your all set.

No the C&C Retarded mod is specifically for C&C 3 only. And since you have Kane's Wrath you must have C&C 3 (which is required to play) your all set.

Yes I do have CC 3 TW aka the main game :)

But I did not get one thing, If I have KW3 installed and I launch Retarded will it work?

The mod only works if you launch it manually. It will not interfere with KW if that's what you mean.

The mod only works if you launch it manually. It will not interfere with KW if that's what you mean.

I got it :)

But I have one more question:

I'm using Retarded triple release candiate and it's readme claims that "There is full AI support and skirmish works perfectly".

But there is a BIG problem: It adds and changes couple stuff, one of the problematic changes is making NOD AVATAR WARMECH require an epic structure called TEMPLE PRIME added by the mod itself. For some reason AI does not build that structure as a result, it cannot get any avatar warmech.

Am I doing something wrong? Since it states that "There is full AI support"?

Thank you for your support ;)

Either an overlook on the mod team's part or some compromise due to a possible limitation in the coding. The first theory is more likely.

Either an overlook on the mod team's part or some compromise due to a possible limitation in the coding. The first theory is more likely.

I think you're right, the sad thing is he blatantly claimed that it works PERFECTLY :mad:

Does anyone know how AIs are handled? I mean are they handled by mod or in-game files?
For example, can I use a certain mod and a different AI?
I'm asking because I'd like to play Retarded but a different AI if possible? Edited by Sonic
Merged 2 posts here

Mods for older games use AI files that are separate to the stock ones, so it's easy to assume that mods for C&C 3 onwards are the same in that view. Hence, you will need to learn how to assemble and disassemble C&C 3 mods using the mod SDK. Just don't publish anything without the original author's permission, though.

Mods for older games use AI files that are separate to the stock ones, so it's easy to assume that mods for C&C 3 onwards are the same in that view. Hence, you will need to learn how to assemble and disassemble C&C 3 mods using the mod SDK. Just don't publish anything without the original author's permission, though.

I see, by the way is there ANY AI mod out there? The one that does not break in-game rules?

As far as I know Brutal AI cheats a lot, but I don't know about the hard AI since there is no information

Wouldn't know for sure, sorry. Try searching on Google or ModDB.

Wouldn't know for sure, sorry. Try searching on Google or ModDB.

Thank you :)

I'll do that again