Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Daily C&C Trivia

1:26-1:31 - unmelting of a Longbow??

That looks more like a UH-60 Blackhawk than a AH-64D Apache Longbow.

Could be related to the microwave weapon that was changed to killing crews and later removed or some sort of melting weapon.

I'm not sure is this been already published... but it's worth to (i think).

-1290587812.jpg

As You may suppose, this picture wasn't published on Red Alert 2 box - from known reasons (9/11). EA decided to erase this picture even with the title: "The invasion has began" for prevention. However, this screen looks amazing and reminds me this movie:

We have some similar images in our gallery actually....

dvd_art16.jpg

dvd_art15.jpg

http://www.cncnz.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=22#.UaC4jZy2_is

Heh, this mistake reminds me something:

polishgerman.png

Loading screen is titled: "Polish - German Border"... damn this failed so much :) Unfortunately i can't make ingame screenshot, because Origin Launcher don't let me to play in "windowed mode".

Edited by Traymen

ENTRY 7 - May 29th, 2013
DANIEL KUCAN
Jake_McNeil_(C&CTS).jpg
One of Joe Kucan's brothers, Daniel Kucan, appeared twice in C&C games and three times in Westwood games overall. Above you see him as Jake McNeil from Tiberian Sun...

CNCKW_Joshua_Mitchell.jpg
...and here he is playing Joshua "Mitch" Mitchell, the founder of Steel Talons, in Kane's Wrath. He also played his namesake Daniel in the 1997 Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny and the Fremen soldier Geisel in the 2001 Emperor: Battle for Dune. Just in case nobody saw it, I'm also sharing the Kucan family picture from the lost sections of CnCWorld.org, featuring Daniel to the left of the back row and Joe (with hair, OMG) in the center of the back row.

end009.jpg

Guest Rabbit

I really think Tom Cruise could play Kane in the Tiberian series reboot.

Daniel Kucan is in the much loved and respected Tiberian Twilight as well. Watch here from about the 3:10 mark.

D'aww, he loves his ascended brother so much :P

ENTRY 8 - May 30th, 2013
RED ALERT 2 MCV DESIGNS
Mega_MCVs.jpg
MCVs in Red Alert 2 were subject to many design changes during the development. What you see above are the partially scrapped Mega MCVs, which were supposed to deploy into a Monolithic construction yard, but only the bottom one passed the concept stage and became the Soviet MCV in the final version.

RA2_Allied_MCV_Concept.jpg
You'll probably recognize the above sketch as the Allied MCV. And you will be only partially right. Look again and you'll see a communist star with the CCCP sign below it and an unclear message in its flag, insinuating that this was supposed to be the Soviet MCV.

YR_Yuri_MCV_concept.png
A more bizarre approach was made in Yuri's Revenge. This is a strange compact variant of a Yuri MCV with three (!) rows of tracks and randomly placed pieces.

Yuri_MCV_-_concept.jpg
This one is a more sci-fi version of the Yuri MCV which was designed to... float. The pilot should've been in a small cabin at the very front of the vehicle - if the game mechanics were slightly more advanced, a sniper would disable this one without a problem.

Daniel Kucan => not the end of him yet. He might return in C&C5, if EALA wants to do it.

And Zee Hypnotist, I don't see Tom Cruise fitting in as Kane. Either John Travolta or Bruce Willis can fit the description of Kane.

videojuegoblog_kane_lynch_bruce_jamie.jp

download.jpg

Most any actor can shave his head and grow a Kane cut. To be Kane, the need to be able to fill the role, and while Tom Cruise is a complete whacko off the screen, he is a good actor. This is a quick edit, but will give the general idea of what Kane Cruise would look like:

KaneCruise.png

Actually, he looks really young... Not sure how that happened... But Kane is ageless anyway.

For me, there will always be only one true Kane. Any other actor other than Kucan and it wouldn't be the C&C I love.

Call me a Westwood whiner or something, but hell I grew up with the guy telling me to kick GDI ass! :ts:

Nmenth has created a monster. :scared:

Nice cruise photo...

Daniel Kucan => not the end of him yet. He might return in C&C5, if EALA wants to do it.

Did you seriously believe in that bull**** at the official C&C forums?

There's gonna be C&C5? LoL'd.

ENTRY 9 - May 31st, 2013
TIBERIAN SUN SUMMIT 1999
TS_Summit_Tents.png
This is rare footage of the August 1999 summit in Prague that was meant to advertise Tiberian Sun and let the most prominent gaming journalists (around 100 attendants) try the game out two weeks before the international release.
TS_Summit_Groups.png
The attendants were divided into "GDI and Nod sections" of an abandoned Czechoslovakian military base - each section had its tents, and the gang was welcome to play paintball against the self-proclaimed good guys or the sacred Brotherhood. Even tanks were employed for pyrotechnical effects...
TS_Summit_Paintball.png
TS_Summit_Tank.png

If you'd like some more info and images on this, you're welcome to download this small package of all four pages of the TS summit coverage in the defunct Croatian magazine "Hacker" (although 1999 was their prime). If you are interested, I can post up a translation of the article itself later.

• Upvote 1

ENTRY 10 - June 1st, 2013
TIBERIAN SUN IN MUSIC VIDEO

A German crossover band, Think About Mutation (or [[tam]] for short), made a cover of the song "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. In light of their privilege to be among the first 200 to play Tiberian Sun in Germany, they decided to incorporate game footage and the helmet from the game cover to the official music video and the single cover art seen below. Curiously, the album "High Life", from which the song is taken, was their last.

0000069935_500.jpg
  • Upvote 2

Ha, I really do like that album cover. :D

ENTRY 11 - June 2nd, 2013
TURTLE MODE
Certain Soviet structures in Red Alert 2 had special additions to their concept art. This refers to the cut Turtle mode. This mode would enable the structures to gain in armour if the need rose, but that would disable their production abilities. This was designed on the Construction yard, Barracks and Tesla Reactor.
RA2_Construction_Yard_Soviet_Concept.jpg
RA2_Barracks_Soviet_Concept_art.jpg
RA2_Tesla_Reactor_Concept.jpg

I seem to remember this...

ENTRY 12 - June 3rd, 2013
CHRONO VORTEX

A rather rare occurance in the original Red Alert is the Chrono Vortex. Every usage of the Chronosphere (not the Chrono Tank, though) has a 20% possibility of creating a moving vortex that decimates everything in its path with electrical bolts. Rumours say that the vortex can be collapsed by sending a large number of expendable units towards it.

The Chrono vortex is also mentioned ingame when Stavros warns Commander A9 that the Chronosphere may have some "unknown side effects".

ENTRY 13 - June 4th, 2013
YURI HOTLINE
According to MobyGames.com, Westwood Studios opened a hotline at 1-900-454-YURI which you could call and find out if domination was in your future. The cost was $0.95 per minute and it was a few minutes long.

ENTRY 14 - June 5th, 2013
STEEL TALONS AND ZOCOM LOGOS
WEB_CHEMIN_5614_1260965398.jpg
The logos used by Steel Talons and ZOCOM in Kane's Wrath were originally made for vanilla GDI in 1999 for Tiberian Sun. However, the ZOCOM logo was considered a favourite in EALA when Tiberium Wars was under development, and certain renders such as the pre-release Predator Tank used this logo as the GDI one. The Steel Talons logo was not given much attention, as the vanilla GDI logo from TS can be given simply by filpping the Steel Talons logo horizontally.
Predatortank_Concept.jpg

• Upvote 2

Wow...some really cool info. I didn't know most of them. Keep up the good work guys :)

ENTRY 15 - June 6th, 2013
TIBERIAN INCURSION RECYCLING - PART 1
wcHBVNH.jpg
640px-CNCTInc_CABAL_Power_Plant.jpg
EALA recycled more elements from Westwood. This time, it's the GDI and Nod/CABAL power plants from the cancelled C&C 3: Tiberian Incursion, which was in development between 2000 and 2003. These designs are almost completely identical to the ones used in C&C 3: Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath.

JRw41aJ.jpg
Suicide bombers known as Fanatics also survived the development team change...
NOTE: Phil Robb mistakenly tagged all his Tiberian Incursion art as C&C Generals art.