Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Ask a Developer Round #2 - Producer Bryan Farina

The second round of the Ask a Developer interviews has begun. This is your chance to submit your questions to the Command & Conquer development team. Each Ask a Developer round focuses on a person that represents one of the key development team departments, with the next one being with Producer Bryan Farina. Here's some information about him:

5l8h7ik.jpg

Name: Bryan Farina
Role at Victory Games: Producer
Key Responsibilities: Herding cats, a.k.a aligning the team to the product vision, prioritizing tasks in the backlog, risk assessment and mitigation, competitive analysis, and whole lot of other great business buzzwords.
How long in the industry: 18 years
Other Games Worked On: Might and Magic (series), Heroes of Might and Magic (series), multiple unannounced MMO-style games.
Favorite C&C all time: This one is difficult to answer. Tiberian Dawn was spectacular and really set the hook in my mouth for the franchise, but I’ve probably spent more time playing Generals than any other single game in the series. However, I enjoyed the campaign in Tiberium Wars the most. It’s one of those three!
Favorite Game all time: How do you even answer this? I’ll go with M.U.L.E. because it was the first game I played that really made me appreciate great game design. M.U.L.E. was a space colonization game based on actual economic theories with a number of different specialized alien races playable by four players with the best theme song ever, all written in under 48K.
Something no one knows about you: No one knows that there is nothing about me that someone doesn’t already know about.
GDI or Nod: Generally prefer GDI, but in Tiberian Dawn I was *much* better with Nod.
Vanilla or Chocolate: Chocolate ice cream, frosting, and malts; Vanilla cake, soda, and frozen yogurt.

You can ask your art related questions in this thread on the Official C&C Forums, on the official Facebook page or on Twitter using #askCNC.

Other Games Worked On: Might and Magic (series), Heroes of Might and Magic (series), multiple unannounced MMO-style games.

How the hell does Victory have so many devs from ex-New World Computing?

Favorite C&C all time: This one is difficult to answer. Tiberian Dawn was spectacular and really set the hook in my mouth for the franchise, but I’ve probably spent more time playing Generals than any other single game in the series. However, I enjoyed the campaign in Tiberium Wars the most. It’s one of those three!

Playing a crapload of Generals isn't going to help him figure C&C out...

How the hell does Victory have so many devs from ex-New World Computing?

Jon Van Caneghem?

Playing a crapload of Generals isn't going to help him figure C&C out...

I agree, but what you can expect from people who claims that Generals is "classic" C&C game.

How the hell does Victory have so many devs from ex-New World Computing?Playing a crapload of Generals isn't going to help him figure C&C out...

oh boy and i was hoping we had an "exp c&c" team.....well the dev team maybe but the leader-procure, doesn't look like....

A turnbased C&C, anyone? Maybe an expanded version of the Kane's Wrath Global Conquest mode with spells and artifacts and stuff? I mean seriously, is JVC going through the formula HoMM + Civ = C&C?