Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Do you read books?

I myself am a huge book reader. I have classic books such as 1984, or Of Mice And Men. Even an Autobiography of Murray Walker the ex- F1 Commentator as well as a few others including some poetry books thrown in for good measure.

But the huge bulk of my literature and half a rain forest is made up in the form of Tom Clancy Novels! I have them all, from Claear and present danger, to rainbow six, and even the latest of his books The Teeth of the Tiger..

So if you do read, what books do you have in your collection?

I'm not much of a reader, sometimes when I'm in the mood :)

but then it has to be a horror or some kind of hard thriller cause those are my favourites

I've got a bunch of "Biggles" books, I really like them because they're about a RAF fighter pilot during the 1st and 2nd World Wars (and the period inbetween) and basically he goes round and dishes out some justice (often to Nazi's).

On a more serious note, I also like Bill Brison. I own and have read his "Breif History of nearly everything" and "The lost continent". I've spotted a copy of "notes from a small island" in my school library so I think I'll borrow that soon.

I haven't read all too much lately.

Use to read lots of Tom Clanceys books but they got to "Pro American" for me.

Me, I have mostly manga, I hate to read big sized books. But, I have lots of books about history, especcially about the mediteranean, WW II, ancient Greece, and ancient Egypt. I forgot the title, since there are too much books.

Yes, I read books quite a bit. The political and thriller type novels would probably be the ones I read the most, and absolutely love Rainbow Six, partly because of how the terrorists are portrayed as remorseless murderers of children such as what happened at World Park and the people who want to wipe out the human race to save the enviroment, along similar lines as the real life Gaia Liberation Front. It shows the Earth first and anti homo sapian thinking some extremists have.

I used to read a lot before I went to uni. I'm getting back into by finishing the Dune series and I'm currently reading Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken. I'm also deep within Napalm and Silly Putty by George Carlin.

I have a ton of mangas too.

Hey General Leang, why you changed you avatar? I more like your old General Leang avatar.

I thought I would see how it looked. Rather liked the character from the mod, and I would love to be in her shoes, fighting terrorism and such. But the Leang avater I have does look better, and is more in tune with C&C, so I have changed it back.

I thought I would see how it looked. Rather liked the character from the mod, and I would love to be in her shoes, fighting terrorism and such. But the Leang avater I have does look better, and is more in tune with C&C, so I have changed it back.

Nice, I more like the real "Leang" avatar :)

i do occasionally my fave are the discworld series by terry pratchett i would 100% reccomend these books 2 any1

Stephen Ambrose is an excellent writer.

I also read Forgotten Realms, by RA Salvator. A lot of Star Wars novels out there, I'm about halfway through them.

Funniest book(s) ever: The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. By Douglas Adams. Very funny.

The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer is a good read too.

Another excelent series: Vampire Earth, by E.E. Knight.

Also, Star Fist series. Cant rember the Authors though. (there are two authors, both former USMC)

Me, I have mostly manga, I hate to read big sized books.

:shock:

Use to read lots of Tom Clanceys books but they got to "Pro American" for me.

hehe... nothing wrong with that dude :wink:. I just finished Rainbow Six. Good stuff

I'm getting back into by finishing the Dune series and I'm currently reading Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken.

Count Hasimir Fenring... I wondered if there was a connection with your name :D

I've read the entire Dune series... ENTIRE series, old and new, including the short stories, and am now in the process of re-reading it. I am obsessed. EXCELLENT choice dude :D

Your second mentioned book, however, is quite a disappointment... Al Franken is a complete moron, almost on the same level as Michael Moore :shock:. I wouldn't waste my time with that nonsense if I were you :roll:

Since you're an american, BWare, you night like the Star Fist series. Written by two former US Marines, it takes place 400-500 years from now, and is about 25th century Marines.

"Marines don't die. They go to Hell and regroup."-General MacArthur 8) :wink:

Marines + the 25th century = one hell of a book, probably. I will definitely have to check that out! :wink:

MacArthur really has some awesome quotes....

The only books I had time to read lately are Hands on java and Hands on c++ :(

Oh! Well those are... fun.... too........ :(

I'm not reading much bookage literature at the moment, I'm cranking out the mags of late reviewing all the modified cars, NOS, Neons, Pearlesant colours the lot :D

Marines + the 25th century = one hell of a book, probably. I will definitely have to check that out! :wink:

MacArthur really has some awesome quotes....

Its a series of books. There are at least seven I think. Probably more.

Since you're an american, BWare, you night like the Star Fist series. Written by two former US Marines, it takes place 400-500 years from now, and is about 25th century Marines.

"Marines don't die. They go to Hell and regroup."-General MacArthur 8) :wink:

hmm i'll have to look for them books when i move to the u.s

well that may not happen now 4 a while