Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer Most Anticipated in RTSGuru's E3 2013 Awards

RTSGuru has posted their E3 2013 Awards strategy games roundup, and the new Command & Conquer has been mentioned in the "Most Anticipated" category.

IxjPrLp.jpg

Most Anticipated: Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer is a name that brings a big legacy behind it. And we finally got a good look at it at E3 when EA included the game in its lineup. Reaction to the decision to create a free to play online service rather than a traditional campaign and multiplayer on a disc was mixed, but the larger picture here is that the game looks great and feels 'right' when it comes to bringing this franchise back.

Having demoed the co-op, it definitely whet the appetite for more. The Frostbite 2 engine makes everything look good, but it also makes destruction feel more realistic too. It was a tough decision in this category between a couple of games, proving what a good year this is for the RTS and strategy in general! In saying we're anticipating Command & Conquer, we want to get our hands on more of the game, as well as see if it lives up to the potential we glimpsed at the show.

Check out the full article to see the rest of RTSGuru's awards.

I am quite surprised C&C F2P gets to be the most anticipated RTS for this year. I thought COH2 was more anticipating.

i would call COH2 RTT (real time tactics), not RTS imho, remind me a lot the Commando's games and when i read RTS other pure RTS games comes to mind, like CnC, starcraft, etc.

Commandos and CoH don't have all that much in common. In CoH, you can build bases, while in Commandos you cannot. On the other hand, in Commandos you get only a few soldiers with many abilities and weapons, in which you rely significantly on micromanagement, while in CoH you get uniformed units of few abilities, but the game flows faster and more fluently because there are, again, bases and reinforcements.

Aside from Planetary Annihilation I can't think of that many 'traditional' RTS games coming along.

Aside from Planetary Annihilation I can't think of that many 'traditional' RTS games coming along.

lol so true