Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Invisible infantry, Art ini

I can't for the life of me get this new infantry unit to properly display ingame. The unit is invisible, I think there is something wrong in its ARTmd.ini. But what?

It's a Seal clone for Soviets, its graphic is a Seal recolor.

Artmd.ini:

[spez]
Cameo=SPETZICON
AltCameo=SPETZUICO
Sequence=SealSequence
Crawls=yes
Remapable=yes
FireUp=3
PrimaryFireFLH=100,0,100

Rulesmd has everything set up correctly and the unit is playable. The correct Artmd entry is called, a clone of [sEAL], and the Cameos are properly loaded and displayed.

Now, the units image file itself is named 'Spez.shp' and is in the same .mix archive as the cameos but it's not displayed, the unit is invisible. Where is my mistake?

Do you by any chance test that in an arctic map?

Does spez.shp exist in the directory or in a mix file? As a point of interest, make sure your entry is named [sPEZ] instead of [spez]. There have been errors associated with non-capital casing in [iDENTIFIERS].

For rules.ini does youe Spetznaz unit have

Image=Spetz

and not

Image=Spetz.shp ?

Further more, you might now be including what the SHP file is for Spetz in art.ini

For rules.ini does youe Spetznaz unit have

Image=Spetz

and not

Image=Spetz.shp ?

Can't be the case. He said the cameos are working, which means the Image= tag is properly assigned.

So I worked on it again ... and it works now, for some reason. The unit is not invisible anymore.

I now believe there was never a problem with any of my inis, but with my mix file. I opened it again today (after rebooting), and the shp graphic wasn't even in there.

Either I or XCC Mixer screwed up here. Mixer automatically saves any changes to the archives, right? I used to simply quit the program right after the desired changes, now I hit backspace just to make sure.

Also this time, I put my archive on desktop and then used Mixer on it, and copied it back into AR2 instead of changing it right inside that directory (tho I never run both the game and the programm simultaneously).

I also renamed the archive to one higher number in ecachemdXX.mix. I don't know if any of these were important, I have no clue why the graphic wasn't inside the mix, instead some old legacy Spetz.shp graphic that I was sure I had deleted long before(; it was always the correct mix file). Mixer must've stopped saving changes or something.

@Doktor, yeah I noticed myself that there is something with case sensivity in the textfiles, atleast between the corresponding Headers in Rules and Art. I always try to stay the hell away from Image=, and simply use identical [Headers] and filenames.

Edited by Stan

Okay I screwed up:

I never changed the correct mix inside my AR2 directory, but a copy inside the XCC Utilities directory. I had dragged my mix file into the left overview panel in Mixer to access it quickly inside the program - that didn't create a link in the program to the correct mix file at all but copied said file into the programs directory...

Heh..

Edited by Stan

yeeah, I don't think XCC has any kind of support for shortcuts. All drag and drop operations do inserts or copies.

I still use the XCC Mix Editor... :/

Me too. XCC Mixer is just for extracting and converting.

...and XCC saves mixfiles without cleaning up the freed up space when you overwrite or delete things :rolleyes:

/ppm/ likes to say the XCC Mixer does it all without flaws. I find the Mixer sucks at making mix files. :/