Sign in to follow this  
Guyen Gankhuyag

CAN NOT play online

i used to play online zero hour using matchmaker however these days i can not match against anyone, if I go online it always says "can not find matchmaker". I wonder what is going on? Anything needs to be checked? Thanks!

What version do you use? ZH discs? The First Decade? Ultimate Collection? If it's ZH, are you on 1.004? Are your copies actually legit?

How long ago is "Used to be able to"?

Jehal your link does not work. I already installed Gentool. I even created new online account. Still no avail.

well the link works now.

Guest Stevie_K

If it still doesn't work:

- Make sure Generals is "greenlit" with your firewall.

- Run the game as administrator.

These two things can sometimes lead to games not behaving as they should.

my laptop f-d up so reimaged it. I installed and applied all patches and gentool installed. Still not work. I got kaspersky internet security running which took over the firewall, and I disabled it. Stil no avail. It always say can not find the server.

Did you even register the game?

Did you even register the game?

Dude, I am not here to brainstorm. You sure I am getting this issue because I did not register? I am here to ask around from those who does know or has experienced the issue and looking for rational solution. If you dont know what is causing, dont give me a guesswork.

If you dont know what is causing, dont give me a guesswork.

I believe we've drained all common solutions for similar problems. We've narrowed everything down to guesswork. If you don't like guesswork and want a finished answer for this and anything else you need, search for it elsewhere (preferrably on multiple places) like the rest of today's Google-fed generation or find one yourself.

I am here to ask around from those who does know or has experienced the issue and looking for rational solution.

You're actually the first one who has had this issue and come here for help, at least since I'm around.

You sure I am getting this issue because I did not register?

Since I believe the EA had that server that used to be powered by Gamespy, you need to register the game if you haven't done so to play in multiplayer on the official server.

I've never once registered my games and had zero problems with the servers. Since Gamespy got closed down, and if it required Gamespy to run, that would be why it may not be working. If you want to play ZH online, I suggest using Tunngle or GameRanger. Test whether those help since they should at least get you something going.

Doctor Destiny, can you elaborate on steps on using GameRanger or Runngle server? Or any wiki-s about utilizing these server with C&C ZH? Thanks!