Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Grand Cannon Mod

Ive known about the INI for a long while and lately its been easier to modify it after coming across TibED. I've had some good fun building crazy modes and stuff.

I've started to get serious with it recently and have stumbled into a few questions.

My first question is regarding the ability to save a mod. Is there a way to save a mod file to your game and put it on another computer without that computer having TibED installed? Basically I guess what I'm asking is how to compile an executable file for RA2 or YR, that I can add to another PC on my LAN allowing everyone on my LAN to use my mod.

My second question has kept me puzzled for a few weeks now as I have been trying to find a solution. I'm trying to Modify the Grand Cannon in RA2 so that it does the following:

1. Doesnt automatically attack opposing forces
  2. Has a range of 200 cells
  3. Is only controllable by human interaction
  4. Can fire a projectile across the entire board
  5. The projectile explodes into a squad of paratroopers that can be fired into any cell across the board

Is it possible to create a modification as complex as this with just TibED?

If you edit the INI files directly instead of using TibEd, you can send the INI to your other computer where it can then be placed into the RA2 folder. I don't know if TibEd creates new INI files when you save changes, though if it does, you can still just copy the files into the RA2 folder of another computer.

1. If you change it's warhead to allow force fire only

2. Range=-2 gives infinite range

3. See 1

4. See 2

5. I don't think this is possible, although you could make it into a Genetic Mutator weapon that mutates infantry into Brutes

I feel like if you can get a goodie crate to spawn a random squad of infantry, then there must be a way to get a projectile to deploy a squad of GHOST or E1 when it impacts

Goodie crates can't spawn squads in RA2. The code for it is left over from RA1, but no longer works.

bummer.. well I've got another question im hoping you can answer.

how do you increase the capture zone of the chronosphere so it can transport more than 9 units?

You can't, it's hard coded. Not with TibEd anyway.

Even with Ares, it's still hardcoded.

Anyhow...

1) CanPassiveAquire=no and probably IsBaseDefense=no.

2) Range=255. Range=-2 is a special case for non-combat weapons a la the Spy weapon.

3) See 1.

4) See 2.

5) Not possible.

Doesn't AI still use weapons with CanPassiveAquire=no?

Probably but you don't let the AI have those things or you give them a different version of the unit or building.