Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Tiberium RPG Benchmark Test

I noticed a definite lag spike on the last set of 24 lamps before the final section with creatures. The motion seemed jerky only when all 24 lamps were still in frame, as soon as I walked far enough away for them to start disappearing, the lag vanished.

Guest Rabbit

Was the lag spike ONLY on that set of lamps? Or did it continue into the next set with all the animals?

It lagged in the area with the animals too, but again, only when a large amount of lights were in frame. It was less noticeable there though, as it hits the edge of the map and the lag if far less visible when the map isn't scrolling.

Pre-menu black screen was around 12 seconds.

Menu loaded normally and I can actually hear Pharotek and the TS menu sounds unlike before.

Loaded up in full screen too after a fresh install.

First thing, where's the quit game button? I had to alt+tab+close application to get out.

On to more pressing matters; I had choppy gameplay (lag spike) just before the last light test corner, screenshot included below at which point it became choppy. I've had the same choppy lag/FPS after the instance on the screenshot up until the animals. The animal/light test at the end produces simillar results but only when I sprint around the place, but not while I'm walking.

b7pm.png

Edited by AZ-Stalker

First thing, where's the quit game button?

It's normally available in the in-game menu, but I think he's disabled the menu because this is just a test game.

Guest Rabbit

Fixed the flickering issue. Lights will flicker if they're flame, they will not flicker if they are static objects that emit natural light.

Turns out it was an extremely simple fix. Download the following file, and again, drop everything in your data folder.

I've set the player to start in the cave. Just walk over to the right.

You'll see the normal flicker, no flicker, and a flicker that indicates the lightbulb is probably going to blow out soon.

Data.rar