Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

The name game

Guest Rabbit

So, here's a big issue I'm dealing with. A legitimate name. Seeing as how this is going to be an RPG game, I'm trying to come up with a few different ideas. Feel free to make your suggestions here. Here's the names I've thought of, and their pros and cons.

Tiberium Chronicles
Pros:
It's a typical RPG name. It tells a story, (multiple stories, actually).

Cons:
The name is used for several out-of-date defunct projects, that never really went anywhere.
It's a generic (read: cliché) name (but sometimes that's the best)

Brotherhood
Pros:
Refers to the main enemy in the game (typical)

Cons:
Sounds more like the name of a sequel
People googling C&C, Tiberium, or anything of that sort won't get very far.

Tiberium Origins
Pros:
Pretty accurate, sort of, for the concept of the game (Tiberium in the past)

Cons:
Google searches won't get anything good. Tiberium + Origin = some EA related page, probably.

Of those three, I like Tiberium Chronicles the best. If not that, the title should have something to do with the time frame this takes place in, I think. I'll try to come up with some ideas later.

Guest Stevie_K

Considering that the game is, as far as I understood, an RPG C&C game that is settled in the 1600, I think you should go for a name that better signifies that time frame. In my opinion, Brotherhood is the best of the three names you've come up with so far. I base that on the assumption that I would remember it. There are so many projects out there called 'Tiberium [iNSERT COOL WORD HERE]' and for a person that has a hard time remembering things such as names, this can be somewhat of an issue. Go for a name that is memorable, so that if people that know your game had to tell anyone else about it, they would at the least remember the name of it.

Of the three, I'd go with Tiberium Chronicles.

Tiberium Chronicles is definitely a good name for a RPG.

I've been thinking about this some, and the more I think about, the more Tiberium Chronicles seems like the best choice. If you say other cancelled projects used the name, I believe you, but I don't remember any of them, so they much not have amounted to much.

As I said above, I think it should have something to do with the time frame. Obviously calling it Tiberium 17th Century is a little bit too direct, rather you want a name that seems to bring the concept of time to mind. I think Chronicles is one such word. Another might be saga, but that word has already been taking by the community. Tiberium Age is ok-ish, but I don't think it is as good as Chronicles.

Another possible route might be to use a word that just sounds old, like Tiberium Odyssey.

I was just using that as an example of an old-sounding word.

It's kind of annoying how many words have been taken by mods though. I guess that's what happens when you have a series that's been around for nearly two decades with a strong modding community.

Guest Rabbit

Well, Tiberium Chronicles it is.

Jehal, I do think your point is valid with "Brotherhood" being more unique, but unfortunately, I feel like the name's already been taken (by myself, strangely), and I honestly feel like "Chronicles" is the best, as well. It was pretty much my first choice all along, but I felt a need to present other options in case everyone disagreed with me.

Well the tiberium franchise always has a certain time

For example tiberium sun and tiberium twilight

So what about your own version of those like tiberium dusk or tiberium dawn

I think you're a bit late to the party...

Also Tiberium(an) Dawn is already taken by the first game in the C&C series.