Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Community BattleCast Primetime - Episode #22

The latest episode of Community BattleCast PrimeTime has arrived. Episode 22 includes some big Command & Conquer news, more mods, awesome fan art, and a special edition of the BattleCast 5. Plus, there is an exclusive interview. Watch the latest episode below.

Click here to subscribe to Community BattleCast PrimeTime's channel to stay informed of new episodes. Past episodes can also be found

. You can also visit the Community BattleCast PrimeTime site.

I am glad the CBCPT team went 2.0 on the design with the FK music, but the intro has yet to be changed to fit with the new design.

As a new suggestion, Sybert:

1) when covering one segment, either the news, interview, mods, battlecast or fan art needs to be highlighted.

2) what happened to the intro that used to be briefing on what's in the episode before the splash logo intro comes up? I wish you could create an intro similar to what EA did in BCPT 2.0.

I am glad the CBCPT team went 2.0 on the design with the FK music, but the intro has yet to be changed to fit with the new design.

As a new suggestion, Sybert:

1) when covering one segment, either the news, interview, mods, battlecast or fan art needs to be highlighted.

2) what happened to the intro that used to be briefing on what's in the episode before the splash logo intro comes up? I wish you could create an intro similar to what EA did in BCPT 2.0.

As stated in the show, every asset will eventually be replaced, but some aren't quite ready yet. I'm itching to get the new intro into the show, but I'm not happy with it yet so it'll be some time. I might whip up a temporary new intro while the final version is still being worked on.

1) This is an idea. There's already a section specific timer below each of the sections, which tracks the progress of every segment, but it's currently very subtle. I might try making it white instead of black or adding a indicator as you suggested.

2) Having a little preview of each section is something that I've gone back and fourth about a number of times, and I've concluded it's unnecessary. DooM usually gives a short description of what's coming up, and anything beyond just a reminder of the segments coming up is overkill. We really don't need an entire motion graphic for what's in the episode. If episodes are consistently getting longer then a preview segment would be justified.

As far as recreating the season 2 intro, that's definitely excessive and would require far more than what I have. Unless you know a really good 3D artist willing to donate 100+ hours to making an intro it's not going to happen.

Thanks for your feedback.

P.S. Sorry about DooM misreading the patch number for your mod. When I wrote that article I didn't realize how awkward the wording was. He got tripped up a bit and thought the patch number was "1.71.1.7"