Plok

Command & Conquer Campaigns to Launch In 2014

During EA's press conference, Victory Games had its say on Command & Conquer. This new trailer was released, in which we can see that the singleplayer campaigns will be released in 2014. The missions can be played either alone or cooperatively.

The release date of the game itself is still uncertain, but it is obvious that multiplayer and singleplayer will launch apart from each other.

Nice trailer. Definely better than that showmatch

Edited by Existor

I noticed in the trailer there are ten missions; probably that's only for one faction campaign. I am guessing there might be 30 missions total, 10 for each faction.

Question is, is the SP campaign still F2P? If so, will VG release the SP campaign into parts or release as a whole?

And still they can't call the SP campaign(s) as Generals 2. :(

Edited by zocom7

I noticed in the trailer there are ten missions; probably that's only for one faction campaign. I am guessing there might be 30 missions total, 10 for each faction.

That's a mockup, you know.

Question is, is the SP campaign still F2P? If so, will VG release the SP campaign into parts or release as a whole?

They are episodic, story driven missions. I think its safe to assume you will need to pay for this content.

That would kill them as a studio.

If they stay true to their word, you will still be able to unlock them just by playing.

Again with the co-op? It was weird in RA3... I hope they don't make it like that here -_-

It was good in RA3. Besides, co-op was introduced in RA2 (don't know about TS)

If they stay true to their word, you will still be able to unlock them just by playing.

I'm confused, when or where was this mentioned?

Again with the co-op? It was weird in RA3... I hope they don't make it like that here -_-

I'd say the missions will be designed in such a way so they can be played alone or with a friend.

I'm confused, when or where was this mentioned?

In previous interviews, the devs said that everything that's up for sale will be available just by progressing through the game. Everyone here hopes that it also applies to the campaigns, but it would, on the other hand, be completely stupid if we'd have to play 1000 skirmishes and/or multiplayer matches before we go to the singleplayer.

Oh all those video interviews from around E3 back in June? Gave up watching all those.

I would find it quite acceptable if I'd have to pay for the singleplayer missions. After all, not everyone is interested in them and I don't see how you can make money from selling e.g. skins for the singeplayer.

It was good in RA3. Besides, co-op was introduced in RA2 (don't know about TS)

What? I was talking about co-op campaign. The forced co-op in RA3 was stupid, especially with the AI replacing a missing player if you decided to play it alone. It was a strange experiment meant to take the last remaining true single play and force that into online gaming too, and it definitely wasn't appreciated -_-

I would find it quite acceptable if I'd have to pay for the singleplayer missions. After all, not everyone is interested in them and I don't see how you can make money from selling e.g. skins for the singeplayer.

I agree with this. The game is already free, so buying the campaign would just be equivalent to, y'know, buying a game with a campaign. I wouldn't mind at all.