Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Command & Conquer: First Demo Room Video

The first demo room video of the upcoming Command & Conquer has been uploaded on EA's official YouTube page. For the first time, we can see long gameplay footage, as well as a peek at the game's interface and menus.

Stay tuned for more gamescom info.

before anyone says i dont like the movents or the ui, remember this is not even ALPHA version! its preAlpha not BETA and defenetly those minor details will be polished the next months.-

now that we cleared that out....i am so so ungry i missed my trip to Germany and Gamescon for just 1 week, damn it damn it i would be there on the week after gamescon and that drives me crazy! :mad: because i want to play even this version SO badly! :rolleyes:

i wish we had any of the members arround here over tehre and maybe right few words on how the game feels right now, and if there can be any deferences spoted with previous versions.

this is not even ALPHA version! its preAlpha not BETA

It's pretty much beta, they're just calling it alpha because it gives them an easy excuse whenever the fans see something they don't like.

It's pretty much beta, they're just calling it alpha because it gives them an easy excuse whenever the fans see something they don't like.

nuh, if its beta the turning animations shoulf be smoother by now.... :P

anyways, we show and the "script" they had to bla bla BUT...the only annoying on this video was that girl keep laughing like crazy over and over and over and over again ..... but she is forgiven for some "strange reason", :rolleyes:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

It's still alpha, but its a newer build at CommandCom/Gamescom. This build will be sent out to the closed alpha testers next week I think.

Nmenth, making unfounded statements like that is not appreciated.

Guest Stevie_K

Alpha, beta, gamma, I don't care. What we are being presented with is what matters. It's looking pretty, though a bit clunky at times, but we can't really begin to judge much of the gameplay until we've tried it ourselves anyway. Besides this was a demo set up to show off.

I cringed a little over these guys being overly positive all the time. It felt a bit like someone behind the camera threatened them to smile and say positive things.

Nmenth, making unfounded statements like that is not appreciated.

I shouldn't have said anything, but it is not entirely unfounded. For one thing, I said it "pretty much" was etc., not that it was so. Secondly, the "it's pre-alpha (which is a lie by definition, pre-alpha comes before testing) or it's alpha" has seemingly been the oft-repeated mantra for the past several months to explain away anything that has been pointed out.

I'll say no more on this subject. :x:

i thought we had dimogracy the last time i checked, and people Moderator, User, or Administrators are all allowed to express their opinion, in the most civilized way possible.

none should say what comments or statements the others are allowed to express publically.

pre-alpha, alpha or beta, what ever we dont care, but the truth is that 1 year now they keep playing this game cut and mouse about what version it is....pre or not alpha bla bla bla.

it cant be in alpha for 2 years it jsut can't. unless it was not developing those 2 years and they took a pause.

it cant be in alpha for 2 years it jsut can't. unless it was not developing those 2 years and they took a pause.

StarCraft 2 was alpha-ish for seven years. The main mistake Victory is making is maintaining the alpha state after so many things have been announced. In a normal situation, this type of advertising intensity is expected for a game that has already reached beta and can be expected to be completely finished in a few months' time. I really don't know how they intend to squeeze so many months, maybe a full year, of production to a time period between now and fall, when the beta is rumoured to be released.

Alpha or not, I'm still okay with it. There's bound to be more work to be done for this C&C F2P game.